Sorry, this job was closed 4 years ago. See all open Director of Engineering Jobs in Chelsea, MA
Security Operations and Engineering Director
• Manage the security infrastructure processes to minimize service disruption, ensure patch currency, and ensure stability.
• Provide assessment and analysis to support the change management process. Review all required changes for service impact, and work with the Operations team to communicate potential impact to the customer base
• Ensure that security operations & engineering related products & services are delivering cost effective functionality for ITD internal and external customer agencies, partners and employees.
• Conduct annual security operations & engineering business & financial planning efforts.
• Participate and supports continuity of government (COG) and in disaster recovery (DR) testing or event response requirements, including travel to test affected computer systems
• Ensure that appropriate inventory, planning, design, and configuration of SOE systems is complete.
• Ensure that the SOE system documentation, procedures, and diagrams are developed and maintained
• Ensure that all SOE infrastructure and licenses are maintained at vendor recommended/supported levels.
• Provide Tier 2/3 technical assistance to security, line of business, service delivery personnel, and customers.
• Provide input & recommendations on security hardware, software and tools.
• Prevent unauthorized access to or usage of SOE infrastructure & resources
• Manage SOE operating and application systems for all production, development/testing & QA environments.
• Participate in the development, review and maintenance of ITD/Enterprise Security policies and procedures.
• Manage & analyze current security systems and present recommendations for improvement.
• Minimum 5 years’ experience managing Network or Security personnel.
• Project delivery experience – experience reviewing and producing network schematics and implementing solutions in alignment with the design.
• Bachelor Degree in Computer Science
• CISSP certification
• Demonstrated experience in an operational support role.
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience evaluating, designing, testing, and supporting hardware and software based security.
• Extensive knowledge of Firewall, IDS, IPS (HIDS, NIDS, NIPS, HIPS) methodologies and concepts.
• Extensive knowledge and understanding of network communications, principles, technologies and systems.
• Extensive knowledge and understanding of network and application protocols.
• Ability to conduct surveys and advise superiors as to the needs and types of equipment necessary to fulfill or upgrade the functions of the department.
• Ability to audit existing applications, develop and implement methods and procedures designed to increase efficiency and accuracy.
• Familiarity with Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) processes is a plus.
• PMP preferable.
Salary: $80,000 - $95,000 annually
About The Massachusetts Office of Information Technology (MassIT):
MassIT, the Massachusetts Office of Information Technology, is the Commonwealth's lead agency for technology across the Executive Branch. As our team grows, we are looking for creative, innovative technologists to join us.
MassIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Females, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Posted 4 years ago
Browse Director of Engineering jobs in Chelsea, Massachusetts: