Posted 1 year ago in Healthcare
Are you passionate about delivering the best medical care possible to the growing elderly population? Do you want to make a huge difference in the lives of your patients and their families? If so, please contact Provider Health Services (PHS) today!
Provider Health Services is seeking an experienced & compassionate Nurse Practitioner to care for patients within a skilled nursing facility in Slidell, LA.
· Full Time position - (Flexible Monday through Friday daytime hours)
· Excellent Compensation & Benefits package
· Independent practice with clinical and back office support
If you are an ANP, FNP, GNP, or ACNP … and desire a comprehensive practice in the specialized area of Long Term Care, then Provider Health Services is the place for you!
PROVIDER JOB DESCRIPTION
1) A Provider Health Services (PHS) Provider is responsible for maintaining a work ethic in accord with PHS policy. All employees represent PHS and are expected to maintain a level of professionalism in dress and actions that reflect the mission and policies of PHS.
2) Providers are accountable for their actions and their practice
3) Providers will practice ethically and according to the Scope and Standards of Practice of their profession.
4) Providers’ schedules are negotiated with the collaborating providers to insure that facilities and communities have adequate coverage to meet patient/resident care and facility/community needs.
5) Providers will participate in a call rotation to insure continuity of care for the patients/ residents receiving services from a PHS provider.
6) Providers will maintain communication with the facilities’/ communities’ staff for any questions, notifications, family concerns to assist in providing optimal care for patients/ residents.
7) Providers will participate in ongoing staff education and facilitate the QI program at the facilities/communities.
8) Responsibilities at the Skilled Nursing Facilities:
a) Monthly rounds-alternating as required with the collaborating provider
b) Assess new patients
c) Review medications, orders, and diagnostic tests; responding to abnormalities appropriately
d) Ongoing evaluation and treatment of chronic illnesses
e) Perform annual history and physical assessments
f) Review and respond to consultant recommendations such as psychiatric, dietary, rehabilitative therapies and pharmacy
g) Conduct Episodic and Follow-up Care visits:
Skin Integrity Issues
h) Participate in family conferences
i) Serve as a resource for ongoing facility needs including nursing care and infection control policies
9) Responsibilities at AL/ IL Communities
a) Obtain resident / family consent for treatment
b) Assess new residents
c) Conduct episodic and follow-up care visits
d) Evaluate / treat residents for change in condition
e) Coordinate care with community PCP as indicated
f) Assist with community wide illnesses
g) Coordinate care with other disciplines
h) Maintain communication with families/ attend family conferences as indicated
10) Enter patient data and documentation into Electronic Medical Record System in a timely manner, within a 24 hour period.
11) Verify accuracy of documentation and charges
12) Schedule follow-up visits
13) Participate in the PHS Quality Assurance Program
14) Meet all State and Federal guidelines to practice as a PHS Provider
15) Maintain an active Provider License in the state in which they work
16) Maintain the ongoing educational requirements for licensure and certification.
17) Participate in the Web Communication system provided by PHS to insure knowledge of current clinical standards, guidelines and best practices in geriatric care
The Inline Group markets and sources for hospitals, clinics, practices and health centers nationwide who are looking for primary care providers. We are technology driven and enjoy an excellent market reputation. We are a solid, privately run company that has been in business for more than 12 years. Your earning potential is capped only by your willingness to perform and grow. We require integrity, self-motivation and a team spirit. We work hard and play hard. You can learn more about us at www.theinlinegroup.com.
Browse nurse practitioner jobs in Slidell, Louisiana:
Slidell Memorial Hospital - Slidell, LA
Posted 4 months ago on the web
HCA - The Healthcare Company - Covington, Louisiana
Posted 1 month ago on HealthJobsNationwide
Neuroscience & Pain Institute - Covington, LA
Posted 23 days ago on TopUSAJobs