Sorry, this job was closed 6 months ago. See all open Machine Programmer Jobs in Greenville, SC
“Great Contractors Deserve Great Benefits!”
WHY WORK WITH US: The Hiring Group provides outstanding medical benefits, pays 50% of the employee cost, and PTO. Please see www.thehiringgroup.com for details. We take care of our technical professionals; come see why we are different than any other staffing firm you have worked with in the past!
Open-ended (multiyear) contract
Location: Greenville, SC
Scope of Position:
- Brings concept to reality by understanding and defining the requirements, followed by system design, specification, fabrication, test, installation, startup and support of complete integrated process control systems.
- Ensures the conversion of customer requirements into total systems solutions that meet all requirements including schedule and cost.
- Readily develops solutions to moderate and complex problems.
- Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Work on individual projects or lead/participate on team projects.
- Establish project requirements and develop project scope.
- Design and develop complete control systems for process equipment and measurement systems.
- Specify and configure controls platforms: PC, PLC, PAC. Develop custom controls software in Rockwell Automation's Studio 5000, PLC ladder logic or high-level languages like C and .NET.
- Work with drawings and schematics.
- Supervise fabrication and installation of electrical and controls panels and interface to process equipment.
- Perform configuration, calibration and check out of equipment and debug software.
- Troubleshoot, repair and restore existing control systems.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience of verifiable PAC*/PLC and SCADA (Supervisory control and data acquisition) programming skills to deliver turnkey automation solutions for sophisticated industrial applications.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering
- Strong inclination toward machine/process control
- Experience with PLCs, preferably Allen Bradley's Logix Family of PACs
- Experience programming in RSLogix 5000 / Studio 5000
- Experience troubleshooting electrical circuits and instrumentation
- Thorough knowledge of AC and DC circuits
- Understanding of classical control theory
- Proficiency with schematics
Advanced knowledge with PLC programming:
- Rockwell RSLogix 5000, Siemens, AB PLC 5â¦.,
- Exposure to multiple PLC manufactures and platforms
- Ability to operate in RLL (relay ladder logic), SFC (sequential function chart) and ST (structured text)
Advanced Knowledge of HMI/SCADA programming:
- System Platform
- Ignition (PLC programming language by Inductive Automation)
- Factory Talk View SE (programming tool with built-in graphics and advanced functions)
- Basic knowledge of industry and regulatory standards, design criteria and codes relevant to Instrumentation and Controls.
- Three (3) years of project management experience a plus.
- Database scripting, SQL query generation for MS SQL, MySQL or Oracle
- AutoCAD experience in the controls engineering field
- Experience programming in C++, C, C#, VB, and VB.NET (development and troubleshooting)
- Electrical design experience
- Basic understanding of Ethernet based networks
- ISA Certified Automation Professional (CAP)
- Proficiency with Allen Bradley ControlLogix and RSLogix 5000
- Experience developing HMIs (Proficy iFIX / FactoryTalk View / PanelView)
- Experience with Industrial PCs and National Instruments Hardware
- Experience with RS232/485, EtherNet/IP and OPC
- Experience with motion control programming
- Experience with soft real time, event-driven multi-tasking programming
Will you please follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, and/or Instagram?
The Hiring Group is a technical staffing and recruiting firm with clients located throughout the U.S. We help companies hire and retain top IT and Engineering employees, by focusing on the wellbeing of the contractor. Our mantra is "Great Contractors Deserve Great Benefits."
Leading organizations rely on The Hiring Group as their trusted recruiting and contingent staffing partner. Unlike typical staffing firms, The Hiring Group goes beyond meeting minimum requirements and offers our contractors the richest benefits package available in the industry today. Our contractors have access to Gold level medical with a $0 deductible (employer paid at 50%), vision and dental insurance; two weeks of PTO per year; 401k with employer match; training and development opportunities; and 24/7 dedicated consultant support. By investing in our contractors’ well-being, The Hiring Group aims to increase employee retention, which translates to increased value to clients.
Posted date: 7 months ago
Browse Machine Programmer jobs in Greenville SC USA: