Posted 2 years ago in Information Technology
The GSB Group, Inc., specialized in providing quality financial IT professionals, is seeking a Technical QA Analyst, for one of our valued clients.
The Technical QA Analyst will be technically proficient and act in a lead and/or contributor role for multiple simultaneous projects, from a QA perspective, in Agile Development and/or Waterfall development methodologies. Will perform significantly complex testing of payment industry software applications under minimal supervision, and make appropriate decisions regarding QA strategies and direction at a project level. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, driven, process oriented, detailed and possess ability to deliver results under pressure.
• Overall 10-15 years in IT ( 7-10 years in quality assurance) with prior Agile testing experience, full life-cycle test, writing test plans, developing test cases and implementing test strategies; including two years leading complex test programs and two years’ experience with testing tools; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Plays the role in QA equivalent of a Development Architect
• Designs QA test strategies and ensures uniformity and adherence to QA practice principles
• Designs, develops and executes software test plans for assigned area or application(s).
• Develops, maintains and upgrades manual test scripts, utilities, simulators, data sets and other automated test tools required to execute test plans.
• Controls, manages and effectively communicates test activities for assigned area or application(s).
• Analyzes and writes test standards and procedures; evaluates current ones and suggests/promotes improvements.
• Identifies risks and develops mitigation strategies.
• Coordinates project planning efforts with other areas or cost centers affected by work unit projects.
• May mentor or train other Test Analysts in processes, methods, tools and best practices.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
• Excellent analytical skills with an EXPERT level proficiency in QA practice - creating/maintaining test plans, creating test harnesses, scripts; executing scripts and reporting
• Extensive knowledge of methods, tools, and technology used in software testing
• Considerable knowledge of primary database engines such as Oracle, SQL Server, DB2 with a demonstrated ability to write complex queries to be used for data validation and troubleshooting
• Considerable knowledge of object-oriented development tools, techniques, and principles with expertise in at least one object-oriented language
• Considerable knowledge of project management principles, methods and tools that is demonstrated through test projects
• Considerable skill in understanding and focusing on the clients’ needs, establishing credibility and building relationships with clients
• Considerable skill in analysis, solid decision-making and problem solving
• Ability to manage conflicting interests and identify compromises
• Ability to demonstrate interpersonal and teambuilding skills, working with technical and non-technical individuals at various levels of management and non-management positions
• Technically proficient - programming background required (any language acceptable; but C, C++, Java, or C# preferred)
• Must understand web configuration files, architectural concepts in .Net
• Must understand the technical concepts of APIs, Services, IIS hosting, Point of Sale devices
• Understand databases and be able to write complex SQL queries
• TFS (Team Foundation Server) working knowledge is required
• Knowledge/experience of the Payments Industry (practices, companies, regulations) is a plus
• Working knowledge in one of the scripting languages - Python, Ruby, Perl – is highly preferred
• Knowledge of PCI standards is a plus
• Automation using Selenium IDE or Webdriver
• MS Test Manager 2010 working knowledge is highly preferred
Bachelor’s degree from a four year college or university in computer science, management of information services or a related field.
Prefer candidate to be local/located in the Franklin, TN area.
Please respond with interest by attaching resume.
The GSB Group provides Information Technology resources and consulting services to financial software companies and institutions. Paced ahead of their competition, The GSB Group creates a custom approach for each project, either temporary or for direct hire, by providing experienced individuals and teams with specialized knowledge of fiscal Information Technology. Since 1998, The GSB Group's associates have created a positive impact on many major banking and financial institutions. The GSB Group is uniquely qualified to provide insightful consulting services as well, having gained priceless knowledge and loyal clients by delivering professional banking resources for many years. Great rates!
Browse technical qa analyst jobs in Franklin, Tennessee: