Posted 2 years ago in Information Technology
The GSB Group, Inc., specialized in providing quality financial IT professionals, is seeking a Systems Administrator, for one of its valued clients.
As a Windows System Administrator, you will function as part of a team supporting an industry leading data warehouse solution hosted at our client sites. Your team will provide 24/7 operations & systems support, in addition to installations and upgrades. In this position, you’ll enjoy:
• Management that listens and addresses your concerns
• Users who are responsive and do not “debate” your expertise
• Challenging work - never a dull moment
• Polite and friendly customers
• Relaxed work environment
This role is a 6 month contract position.
• Take ownership of, and provide timely resolution for, emergent technical and operational issues with applications and systems
• Provide support for and become a subject matter expert for supported applications
• Plan for and advise on application upgrades
• Communicate application and system status with team members, management, and business partners on a regular basis
• Under general direction, install, maintain, and configure various operating systems, servers, and software.
• Works with internal and external clients to resolve application and systems issues.
• Evaluates application specifications and installation parameters.
• Assists in the implementation of the application and software.
• Assists in evaluation new systems software and hardware.
• Documents application related procedures.
• Complete other tasks as assigned.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills are required
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Strong relationship and team-building skills are a must
• Ability to adapt to change and pick up new skills quickly
• Ability to multi-task successfully without sacrificing quality
• At times you may be required to work beyond standard business hours and weekends. On-call availability is also required.
Job-Related Technical Experience:
• 4+ years application support experience in a 24/7 environment in an enterprise software company
• 4+ years Windows Systems Administration experience, specifically in 2003, 2008 or both
• Demonstrable experience in Unix &/or Linux
• Oracle/MS SQL database experience
• Understanding of RDBMS concepts
• Knowledge of Business Intelligence Tools is a plus
Education: Bachelor’s degree in computer science or similar discipline. Relevant, equivalent work experience may be substituted for degree.
Prefer candidate to be local to the Pittsburgh area
Please respond with interest by attaching resume
No Corp to Corp
The GSB Group provides Information Technology resources and consulting services to financial software companies and institutions. Paced ahead of their competition, The GSB Group creates a custom approach for each project, either temporary or for direct hire, by providing experienced individuals and teams with specialized knowledge of fiscal Information Technology. Since 1998, The GSB Group's associates have created a positive impact on many major banking and financial institutions. The GSB Group is uniquely qualified to provide insightful consulting services as well, having gained priceless knowledge and loyal clients by delivering professional banking resources for many years. Great rates!
Browse systems administrator jobs in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania:
S2scout - Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Posted yesterday on StartWire
The Judge Group - Pittsburgh, PA
Posted 3 days ago on Monster
KTA-Tator, Inc. - Pittsburgh, PA
Posted 3 days ago on the web