The GSB Group, Inc
., specialized in providing quality financial IT professionals, is seeking a Senior Software Development Engineer
, for one of its valued clients.
The Senior Software Development Engineer will work with the Application Development team in the development, modification, integration, and implementation of technology solutions that support the internal operations of the company. Internal developed solutions include: the company Intranet site and numerous web-based applications, automated processes, databases, and reporting solutions. Also develops and supports implementations and integration of commercial solutions that support the internal operations of the company.
This role is a 6 month contract position. Duties/Responsibilities:
- Responsible for designing, coding, unit testing, implementing and maintaining web-based applications and supporting programs.
- Assists with design, coding, and installation of database applications.
- Assists with implementation and support of vendor-supplied software packages.
- Evaluate performance of installed software by utilizing available aids to monitor trends, loads, and growth patterns.
- Prepare documentation for use by development and testing teams and internal clients/sponsors
- Analyze specifications for applications enhancements for compatibility with other systems and within operating guidelines
- Solid knowledge of current web-based application development technologies and tools
- Very team-oriented individual
- Knowledge of working within framework of software development lifecycle
- Ability to effectively interact with internal, as well as, external clients for the purpose of data gathering, design, planning, and implementation
- Strong understanding and ability to design logical and highly-intuitive user interfaces
- Strong verbal and writing skills are required
- Web Services
- Console Applications
- Microsoft Office Products
- Microsoft SharePoint
- Microsoft SQL Server (2005 & 2008)
- Reporting Services
Requires 5-8 years web-based and database application development experience as well as Microsoft Visual Studio (2008 & 2010) and Team Foundation Server.Education:
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology or equivalent education in a related discipline is required.
Prefer candidate to be local to the Brookfield, WI area.
Please respond with interest by attaching resume.