Sorry, this job was closed 3 years ago. See all open Desktop Analyst Jobs in Dublin, OH
Desktop Support Analyst - HA8550
The GSB Group, Inc., specialized in providing quality financial IT professionals, is seeking a Desktop Support Analyst for one of our valued clients.
The Desktop Support Analyst is responsible for providing hands-on desktop support and maintenance for our clients computing environment, including company-standard hardware and software technologies for desktop, notebook, and system management tools. Duties also include network connectivity support, participation in projects as needed and proper utilization of an Incident and Service Request Management system for logging, tracking, and communication of technical support issues.
This role is a 6-month contract position.
- Install, support and maintain PC hardware including desktops, notebooks, monitors, printers, and audiovisual equipment
- Install, support and maintain PC applications in a Windows XP/7 Active Directory environment. Software includes Operating Systems, MS Office, VPN, System Management tools and various business unit software titles
- Maintain proper documentation, as required by the leadership of Corporate IT, to properly track the status of all service calls, to assist the helpdesk in providing prompt response to users, and report on the progress of duties related to project participation
- Support and participate in the continuous assessment and improvement of the quality of care and services provided
- Provide project team membership and coordination as directed by the leadership of Corporate IT
- May perform other duties as assigned
- Windows XP/7 skills and troubleshooting experience
- System Deployment and Systems Management knowledge. Microsoft SCCM preferred
- Working knowledge of Active Directory, Group Policy, Domain Services (such as Print, DHCP, DNS) and network connectivity
- Good verbal/written communications skills and strong interpersonal skills to interact positively and productively with associated computer systems, end-users and co-workers
- Able to function in a dynamic environment subject to impromptu changes in schedules and priorities
- Able to work independently on systems and networks to install standard solutions and to resolve common anomalies, taking/applying technical direction and leadership skills
- Also must be available to provide 24hour On-Call support as directed by the leadership of Corporate IT support
- Continue professional development as required to keep up with today’s computer industry
- General office environment
- Stressful situations may occur regularly
- Frequent lifting of up to 50lbs.
- Occasional travel required (less than 10%)
- Two years experience in a technical support position providing computer support
Minimum two years experience with many of the following technical skills:
- Microsoft Windows XP and Windows 7 configuration/support
- Desktop and Laptop configuration/troubleshooting/warranty repair
- Client/Server applications
- Terminal emulation
- MS Office
- Anti-Virus and Encryption software suites
- Knowledge of systems management tools such as SCCM preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent
- MCDST, MCITP, or A+ certifications preferred
Candidate must be local to the Dublin, OH area
Please respond with interest by attaching resume
Please no Corp to Corp
About The GSB Group, Inc.:
The GSB Group provides Information Technology resources and consulting services to financial software companies and institutions. Paced ahead of their competition, The GSB Group creates a custom approach for each project, either temporary or for direct hire, by providing experienced individuals and teams with specialized knowledge of fiscal Information Technology. Since 1998, The GSB Group's associates have created a positive impact on many major banking and financial institutions. The GSB Group is uniquely qualified to provide insightful consulting services as well, having gained priceless knowledge and loyal clients by delivering professional banking resources for many years.
Posted date: 3 years ago
Browse Desktop Analyst jobs in Dublin, Ohio: