Sorry, this job was closed 8 months ago. See all open General Manager Jobs in Miami, FL
“James Beard Winning Chef/Owner, great benefits, and room for growth!”
Chef and Restaurateur Michael Schwartz announces his first waterfront restaurant, Amara at Paraiso, the James Beard Award-winner’s love letter to Miami. The bayside enclave will be fully open to the public and has inspired Chef and his team to cultivate a menu influenced by the bold flavors of Latin America, coastal ingredients, and the diversity that underpins Miami’s cultural identity.
Highlighting the open kitchen’s wood grill and Josper charcoal grill oven, Schwartz is building a vibrant menu around bold, clean-eating food, and cooking techniques centered around the flame. Dishes emphasize balance of acid and contrasts in temperatures and textures. Ingredients are showcased as they are meant to be enjoyed, enhanced by fragrant herbs, bright sauces, chilies and spices. Freshly-grilled, sprouted flatbreads and hand-formed savory pastries will meet sizzling, smoky platters of specialty cuts of meats and fresh, local seafood at the table. Cocktails crafted with the tropics in mind will spill good spirits out to the bay, mingling with sea grape trees and palms dotting the shore.
Flanked by Paraiso Park, Amara at Paraiso resides just two blocks east of Biscayne Boulevard off 31st Street, offering the public unimpeded access to its entrance with street and valet parking. The 4,500 square foot, indoor-outdoor space designed by Meyer Davis Studio celebrates the natural beauty of its surroundings incorporating the tropical, waterfront environment as an design element. The restaurant includes main dining room and bar seating for 150, with floor to ceiling windows offering dramatic Biscayne Bay views, as well as deck seating for 70 on the water. The approach is warm and inviting, drawing the outside in with white washed paneling, natural woods, and graphic concrete tiles. Detailing is open, honest and relaxed with exposed trusses, and an open double-height steel stair.
General Description of Work
With delegated authority, reporting to the Owner and the Director of Restaurant Operations, the General Manager is responsible for…
· Understand completely all policies, procedures, standards, specifications, guidelines and training programs.
· Ensure that all guests feel welcome and are given responsive, friendly and courteous service at all times.
· Ensure that all food and products are consistently prepared and served according to the restaurant’s recipes, portioning, cooking and serving standards.
· Examine and inspect containers, materials, and products in order to ensure that packing specifications are met.
· Supervise kitchen staff according to established guidelines.
· Schedule labor to maximize efficiency
· Achieve company objectives in sales, service, quality, appearance of facility and sanitation and cleanliness through training of employees and creating a positive, productive working environment.
· Control cash and other receipts by adhering to cash handling and reconciliation procedures in accordance with restaurant policies and procedures.
· Make employment and termination decisions.
· Fill in where needed to ensure guest service standards and efficient operations.
· Continually strive to develop your staff in all areas of managerial and professional development.
· Prepare all required paperwork, including forms, reports and schedules in an organized and timely manner.
· Ensure that all equipment is kept clean and kept in excellent working condition through personal inspection and by following the restaurant’s preventative maintenance programs.
· Ensure that all products are received in correct unit count and condition and deliveries are performed in accordance with the restaurant’s receiving policies and procedures.
· Wine/ Beverage responsibilities to include inventory and ordering
· Oversee and ensure that restaurant policies on employee performance appraisals are followed and completed on a timely basis.
· Schedule labor as required by anticipated business activity while ensuring that all positions are staffed when and as needed and labors cost objectives are met.
· Be knowledgeable of restaurant policies regarding personnel and administer prompt, fair and consistent corrective action for any and all violations of company policies, rules and procedures.
· Fully understand and comply with all federal, state, county and municipal regulations that pertain to health, safety and labor requirements of the restaurant, employees and guests.
· Develop, plan and carry out restaurant marketing, advertising and promotional activities and campaigns.
· Interpersonal Skills - Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
· Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions.
· Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
· Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports organization's goals and values; Benefits organization through outside activities; Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
· Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
· Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
· Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals.; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
· Have knowledge of service and food and beverage, generally involving at least three years of front-of-the-house operations and/or assistant management positions.
· Possess excellent basic math skills and have the ability to operate a cash register or POS system.
· Ability to read, speak and interpret documents in clear English.
· Must be able to communicate clearly with managers, kitchen and dining room personnel and guests.
· Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 50 pounds.
· Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 10 hours).
· Must have the stamina to work 50 to 60 hours per week.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
About Michael Schwartz & The Genuine Hospitality Group
The Philadelphia-born owner of The Genuine Hospitality Group (TGHG), James Beard Award-winning Chef, and cookbook author, Michael Schwartz is the face of the South Florida restaurant industry and a nationally recognized celebrity chef. Locals and tourists alike have come to embrace and crave his sincere and thoughtful approach to the entire dining experience and seriously good food. At the root of this philosophy and a lens for growth is flagship Michael's Genuine Food & Drink in the Miami Design District, setting the bar in Miami for 10 years with its laid back bistro atmosphere, emphasis on sourcing fresh, seasonal ingredients, and lively bar scene and courtyard. Michael has since successfully developed complementary fine dining concepts including honest Italian at Filia by Michael Schwartz at SLS Brickell in Downtown Miami (October 2016), the quintessential Miami restaurant with waterfront dining at Amara at Paraiso at Paraiso Bay in Edgewater (November 2017) and the ultimate neighborhood restaurant in Coconut Grove at Park Grove (2018). Harry's Pizzeria is the group's American pizzeria, challenging pizza traditions with a thoughtful passion for genuinely better pizza and meals to gather around it. Named one of Food & Wine magazine's 25 Best Pizzerias in the U.S., the group's casual concept is charting a course for regional expansion to 20 locations by 2020, with three currently open in South Florida in the Miami Design District (September 2011), Coconut Grove (2015), and Kendall's Downtown Dadeland (2017). Ella (2015) is a light and airy cafe in the Miami Design District's Palm Court serving breakfast, lunch and early evening bites, curating pastries from the best local bakers in town and a convenient grab and go station with healthy alternatives. The Chef's partnership with global cruise leader Royal Caribbean began in 2011 developing menus with ingredients from sustainable sources for 150 Central Park on Oasis Class ships and now includes the gastropub evolution of Michael's Genuine, Michael's Genuine Pub, on Quantum Class ships. Michael Schwartz Events offers catering and private parties, with genuine food and hospitality for memorable occasions. TGHG has been recognized by leading trade publication Restaurant Hospitality magazine as one of its RH 25: Coolest Multi-Concept Companies. For more information, visit thegenuinekitchen.com.
Posted date: 8 months ago
Browse General Manager jobs in Miami FL USA:
Spencer Novak | Recruiter | firstname.lastname@example.org in Miami, FL
Posted yesterday on ZipRecruiter
Pura Vida in Miami, FL
Posted 19 days ago on ZipRecruiter
Aetos Holdings Limited in Miami, FL
Posted 3 days ago on ZipRecruiter