Quality Supervisor – Cape Cod, Mass
Supervisor is responsible for overseeing day-to-day quality and food safety initiatives at our plant.
This position oversees all Quality technicians for all plant business units for all shifts.
· Schedules Quality Technicians and other support for all business units as needed. Verifies performance of quality technicians (conformance to routine, understandings and effectiveness, corrective action communication).
· Assures Quality conformance to specifications and expectations for all products and processes. Follows up with supervision/management on all exceptions and corrective actions. Communicates quality programs and specifications to quality team.
· Disposition of held goods (raw, finished and in process) including communication and execution of sampling plans.
· Execute Safe Quality Foods (SQF) programs at the front line/shop floor level
· Works with sensory teams to assure that program is operating in accordance with expectations.
· Develops/trains quality team members and hourly personnel in quality awareness, food safety and other related areas.
· Monitors SQF program effectiveness and conformance.
· Performs plant sanitation and food safety audits according to program, including the Food and Drug Administration, the State, or Local regulators.
· Collects Quality-scoring (QI) data and constructs regular reporting per program.
· Works with customers on quality initiatives for products, programs and processes as directed.
· Works with R & D team on new product and product improvement initiatives. Coordinates collection and shipment of samples and data as requested.
· Reviews raw material quality information for conformance to standards.
· Monitors pest control documentation and assists with program maintenance.
· Ensure compliance to the Allergen and HACCP programs.
· Monitor and ensure oil quality management is maintained.
· Ensure processing parameters are followed and adhered to.
· Works with sensory teams to assure that program is operating in accordance with policies and procedures.
· Develops/trains quality team members and hourly personnel in quality awareness, food safety and other quality programs.
· Performs plant sanitation and food safety audits according to program, ensures conformance to the Food and Drug Administration, the State, or Local regulations.
· Works with other departments on quality initiatives for products, programs and processes, as directed.
Bachelor’s degree, in food science or a related field, and one-year experience minimum, 3 – 5 years of experience referred, depending on quality of experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
About The Frank Group:
As a leading food and beverage professional search organization, we specialize in identifying and recruiting the brightest and most qualified talent for our clients.
Our clients range from the world's largest most established processors and manufacturers to enterprising start-ups; all within the food and beverage industry. We help our clients identify the most important component of their organization: people.