Position Title: Plant Operations Superintendent
Actual Job Title: Plant Operations Superintendent Job Code:
Department: EEOC Class: 01
Reports To: Plant Operations Manager FLSA Status: Exempt
Responsible for the day-to-day operation of the facility. Ensures proper operating parameters, techniques, and safety are maintained. Trains and manages supervisory personnel.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Maintains operation of the plant through inspection, trouble shooting, coordinating shut downs and communication with pertinent staff.
2. Monitors and maintains production and product quality.
3. Inspects and ensures efficient equipment operations.
4. Trains and supervises employees through scheduling work, checking quality of work, conducting performance appraisals, and handling disciplinary matters.
5. Develops and manages projects as assigned.
6. Attends company and community meetings. *
7. Enforces company policies and procedures. *
8. Performs other duties as assigned by management. *
An * indicates that these tasks do not meet the Americans With Disabilities Act definition of essential job functions and are usually less than 5% of time spent. However, these tasks still constitute important performance aspects of the job.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
1. Knowledge of extraction principles and practices.
2. Knowledge of supervisory techniques to accomplish instruction, training, and motivation of employees.
3. Knowledge of OSHA and EPA regulations as they apply to plant operations.
4. Skill in reading and understanding computer print outs, purchase orders, and security information.
5. Skill in identifying problems, alternatives and resolutions.
6. Skill in negotiating, analytical thinking and problem solving.
7. Skill in operating various equipment including hand and power tools.
8. Skill in operating various office equipment including personal computer, printer, copy machine, facsimile machine, calculator, and telephone.
9. Ability to work with diverse individuals and groups.
10. Ability to communicate with customers, co-workers, subordinates, and supervisors in a courteous and professional manner.
11. Ability to handle multiple tasks.
12. Ability to organize employee work schedules to ensure timely completion of projects.
13. Ability to effectively function as a team player.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent is required. Seven years of supervisory experience or equivalent is required. Experience in edible oils refining/processing required.
Disagreeable working conditions with two or more of the following elements continuously present to the extent of being objectionable: dust, dirt, heat, fumes, contaminants, cold, noise, vibration, wetness, etc.
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.