Provides technical leadership and is a key contributor to initiatives in product/process development.
· Creates formulas for cakes, icing, mousses and cookies. Creates finished products for internal relevant customer review.
· Develops and proposes new project/product ideas, or new / innovative methodologies or ways of using technology to solve problems.
· Works within ingredient cost structure and develops products that are efficient in manufacturing
· Once product is designed and approved works with production on pilot or test runs. Works with QA to develop specifications of finished product.
· Maintains thorough understanding and knowledge of trends in area of expertise.
· Represents the company / function with outside vendors, suppliers, universities, associations, governmental agencies, as well as with Associates in other functions.
· Participates in marketing and selling new business and in follow up customer contact
· Invents new technical areas and unique approaches.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· Proven record of independently achieved accomplishments as demonstrated by: products and process.
· Minimum of 5 years related work experience
· Training at Culinary Institute or equivalent preferred
· PC / internet skills (Excel, Word)
· Working knowledge and training in Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs)
· Creative with excellent decorating skills for new product development
· Experience on various oven and mixer types (e.g. tunnel ovens, band ovens and rack ovens)
· Demonstrated knowledge of efficient and safe manufacturing operations to include product and Associate safety, product quality (success rates), and cost control (minimizing downtime and waste, optimizing yield).
· Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems
· Superior communication skills, both oral and written; High volume of phone calls, conference calls, face-to-face meeting, e-mail, etc will be required.
· Contributes to the commercialization and expansion of existing business platforms