Sorry, this job was closed 3 years ago. See all open Head Of Jobs in Houston, Texas
Provides technical leadership and is a key contributor to initiatives in product/process development.
· Creates formulas for cakes, icing, mousses and cookies. Creates finished products for internal relevant customer review.
· Develops and proposes new project/product ideas, or new / innovative methodologies or ways of using technology to solve problems.
· Works within ingredient cost structure and develops products that are efficient in manufacturing
· Once product is designed and approved works with production on pilot or test runs. Works with QA to develop specifications of finished product.
· Maintains thorough understanding and knowledge of trends in area of expertise.
· Represents the company / function with outside vendors, suppliers, universities, associations, governmental agencies, as well as with Associates in other functions.
· Participates in marketing and selling new business and in follow up customer contact
· Invents new technical areas and unique approaches.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· Proven record of independently achieved accomplishments as demonstrated by: products and process.
· Minimum of 5 years related work experience
· Training at Culinary Institute or equivalent preferred
· PC / internet skills (Excel, Word)
· Working knowledge and training in Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs)
· Creative with excellent decorating skills for new product development
· Experience on various oven and mixer types (e.g. tunnel ovens, band ovens and rack ovens)
· Demonstrated knowledge of efficient and safe manufacturing operations to include product and Associate safety, product quality (success rates), and cost control (minimizing downtime and waste, optimizing yield).
· Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems
· Superior communication skills, both oral and written; High volume of phone calls, conference calls, face-to-face meeting, e-mail, etc will be required.
· Contributes to the commercialization and expansion of existing business platforms
As a leading food and beverage professional search organization, we specialize in identifying and recruiting the brightest and most qualified talent for our clients.
Our clients range from the world's largest most established processors and manufacturers to enterprising start-ups; all within the food and beverage industry. We help our clients identify the most important component of their organization: people.
Browse head of jobs in Houston, Texas:
Direct Energy in Houston, TX
Posted 6 days ago on CareerBuilder
JPMorgan Chase in Houston, TX
Posted 8 months ago on Beyond
AIG in Houston, TX
Posted 4 months ago on Beyond