Sorry, this job was closed 4 years ago. See all open Marketing Manager Jobs in Elk Grove Village, IL
Foodservice Marketing Manager (Ethnic Foods)
REPORTS TO: Marketing Director
The Marketing Manager will make meaningful contributions to Marketing, Sales and Company objectives by providing leadership and support for all marketing efforts for Core Products (Gyros, Pita Bread, Traditional Greek Sauces, Greek entrees and appetizers and commodity items such as olives and feta cheese) with an emphasis on branding, product promotion, new product launches, category management, CRM and digital messaging management. This position requires an individual who can creatively and efficiently manage all aspects of the marketing strategy as detailed below.
DESCRIPTION OF SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY
This position does not currently have supervisory responsibilities.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Product & Category Management (Specific to Core Products)
· Research and develop product innovation strategies to drive category growth in multiple channels including multi-unit, independent, K-12, C&U, healthcare, military and vending
· Develop and maintain competitive profiles including strengths, weaknesses, strategies, technical capabilities, nutritional content, product portfolios, marketing initiatives and pricing.
· Oversee the execution of marketing and category plans and activities for all core products.
· Monitor existing product sales and develop business plans for sku rationalization
· Lead product projections in order to ensure that the strategic direction of a product is in line with overall company goals and objectives
· Identify trends and opportunities in the marketplace and develop recommendations for new products or product enhancements based on that analysis.
· Lead category planning process; facilitate key stakeholder participation and buy-in
· Develop consumer and customer insights as related to category
· Use data analysis to increase organizational understanding of key drivers of business performance and make fact-based decisions
· Gauge product performance with monthly analysis and action plan for key products
Marketing & Brand Management (Specific to Core Products)
· Contribute to the development and manage the execution of the Marketing Plan for Core Products.
· Support brand awareness initiatives, by executing tactics that support the annual marketing plan with regard to new product development, positioning, messaging and sales training.
· Recommend and develop campaigns and promotions across channels to drive growth with core customer base
· Measure effectiveness of tactical execution by developing ROI models against all spend initiatives
· Create effective messaging by segment for core product group
· Manage the core products content on the website.
· Design and deliver pull strategies to the Sales team, as well as the tactics to successfully execute against those strategies including relevant, proactive, sell-through distribution throughout the sales channel, including sales team and the broker community.
· Develop and deliver customer-specific presentations; highlighting the company’s strengths, resources, technologies, category, segment, brand knowledge; and tailoring innovative new solutions to assist the customer in growing their business
· Support sales team in dealing with customer complaints and requirements.
Digital Media Management
· Oversee Core Products on company website including site content, recipes, product pages, etc.
· Execute all digital messaging developed encompassing core product messaging
· Actively manage core product social media initiatives
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE an equivalent combination of education, training and experience will be considered.
· A Bachelor's degree is required. MBA strongly preferred
· 5+ years of related foodservice marketing experience (less experience with MBA but must be in foodservice)
· Ethnic foodservice experience desired—and interest in food and food trends a must!
· Experience working with field sales teams
· Customer orientation with good understanding of foodservice business
· Demonstrated success in leading people and teams
About The Frank Group:
As a leading food and beverage professional search organization, we specialize in identifying and recruiting the brightest and most qualified talent for our clients.
Our clients range from the world's largest most established processors and manufacturers to enterprising start-ups; all within the food and beverage industry. We help our clients identify the most important component of their organization: people.
Posted date: 4 years ago
Browse Marketing Manager jobs in Elk Grove Village, Illinois:
Senior Digital Marketing Manager
Cummins Allison in Mount Prospect, IL
Posted 6 days ago on ZipRecruiter
Assistant Marketing Manager Needed - Full Time / Salary
C.M in Oak Park, IL
Posted 4 days ago on ZipRecruiter
Channel Marketing Manager
The VET Recruiter ® in Schaumburg, IL
Posted 12 days ago on ZipRecruiter