My name is Phil and I represent The Fountain Group. We are a national staffing firm and are currently seeking a Unix Systems Administrator for a prominent client of ours. This position is located in Pittsburg, PA. Details for the positions are as follows:
Technical Requirements Summary:
· The position has a primary emphasis on Linux, specifically RedHat and Ubuntu Linux, Additional skills in HP-UX and IBM AIX strongly desired
· 5+ Years of Unix administration experience
· Knowledge of and experience in administering Unix in an enterprise class data center environment (more than 250 servers)
· Unix based certifications highly desired. Examples include: RHCT, RHCE, HP-UX CSA, HP-UX CSE, IBM eServer Certified Specialist - pSeries AIX System Administration, etc.
· Experience maintaining Redhat Linux servers and UNIX (AIX P-Series and HMCs, HP-UX)
· Operating system support including security, configuration, software updates, system diagnosis, debugging, tuning, advanced troubleshooting, creating, modifying and deleting users and groups, creating and expanding file systems using LVM and fdisk, system backup and recovery, etc.
· Experience with Intel server based virtualization, including VMWare
· Knowledge and experience with managed storage (NAS / SAN, backups)
· Strong Unix shell scripting required. Perl scripting desired
· Strong hardware and software diagnostic skills, and experience working with vendors to resolve related issues
· Skills to include troubleshooting server issues related to TCP/IP, subnetting, routing, LDAP, NFS, ARP and DNS (bind)
· Must have experience using standard Unix commands, including the following: vmstat, top, uname, ps, vi, rpm, sudo, ping, traceroute, tar, gzip, at, sed, awk, chown, chmod, crontab, yum, up2date, fdisk, etc.
· Experience with building RPM packages using SCCS (cvs, svn, git, etc.), and deploying servers using Red Hat Linux Satellite Server
· Self-starting, fully qualified technical professional
· He/she will have the ability to work in a large team environment
· Strong interpersonal skills are required
· Consciously determine issues and create solutions for complex problems
· Displays flexibility in the face of changing priorities
· Regarded as a technical and business resource for other members of the organization
· Identify and address areas of opportunity, including both technical and interpersonal skills
· Strong communication skills with technical peers and business customers (written and in-person)
If you are interested in hearing more about the position please respond to this posting with your resume attached.
Please forward this posting to any friends or colleagues as we do offer a Referral Bonus for any candidate hired.
About The Fountain Group:
Headquartered in Tampa, FL, with operations in all 5 regions, The Fountain Group is a Contingent Labor Resource Provider. The Fountain Group services clients directly, clients with an internal contingent labor program, and clients with an external managed service program.
The Fountain Group was founded in 2001 with the mission of providing quality resources to businesses on a contingent basis and has been providing quality individuals to National Fortune 100