My name is George Rogers and I represent The Fountain Group. We are a national staffing firm and are currently seeking a Systems Engineer position for a prominent client of ours. This position is located in San Diego, CA. Details for this job are listed below.
• Install and configure from bare metal: servers, adapter cards, storage arrays, Operating Systems, configure SAN, drivers, ILO, BIOS, etc.
• Troubleshoot test failures to determine if the issue is a test, product or integration issue.
• Prepare and run test plans including test cases and lab configurations.
• Provide documentation of best practices, results, and methodologies from lab activities
• Work with product developers and other business units as required guaranteeing we deliver the best in breed infrastructure information solutions that satisfy our customer requirements
Secret Security Clearance required
Bachelor’s Degree with experience in computer hardware and software installation, configuration and administration.
Must be knowledgeable in some or all of the following:
• Hardware Experience (X86 & Oracle/Sun Servers, storage arrays, PC Clients, Thin clients) installation and configuration
• Operating Systems (Windows, Solaris and Linux Operating Systems installation and administration of software, drivers, and services and experience with commands, file systems, etc.) Working knowledge of some or all of the following:
• NTP, DNS, SNMP, Active Directory, MS Exchange configuration and administration, etc. system/Software monitoring logs, performance (CPU, Memory, Disk)
• Network configuration and monitoring (ifconfig, ipconfig,snoop, etc.),
• Virtualization and Thin Desktop/App
• RDBMS (e.g., Oracle) installation, configuration and monitoring
If you are interested in hearing more about the position please respond to this posting with a copy of your resume in word form with the best contact info. Thank you.
George Rogers | Senior Talent Acquisition Consultant
About The Fountain Group:
Headquartered in Tampa, FL, with operations in all 5 regions, The Fountain Group is a Contingent Labor Resource Provider. The Fountain Group services clients directly, clients with an internal contingent labor program, and clients with an external managed service program.
The Fountain Group was founded in 2001 with the mission of providing quality resources to businesses on a contingent basis and has been providing quality individuals to National Fortune 100