My name is Deidra and I represent The Fountain Group. We are a national staffing firm and are currently seeking a Metabolism and Pharmacokinetics Scientist for a prominent client of ours. This position is located in Emeryville, CA. Details for the positions are as follows:
· Seeking a highly motivated and team oriented individual to support metabolism and biotransformation studies.
· Working closely with drug discovery project teams, the successful candidate will design, execute and interpret in vitro and in vivo metabolism studies to understand the routes of biotransformation and mechanisms of elimination of small molecules.
· This person will utilize state-of-the-art high resolution LC/MS/MS systems with novel data acquisition and interpretation software to carry out rapid soft spot analysis of drug candidates in a fast-paced discovery environment.
· In addition, in silico metabolite prediction software will be utilized to accelerate the speed and efficiency of data interpretation.
· Simultaneous quantitative analysis/metabolite identification experiments will be performed for in vitro metabolic stability and in vivo PK and PK/PD studies.
· An advanced degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry or related discipline with laboratory experience in metabolite identification within the pharmaceutical industry
· A solid understanding of the biochemistry of drug metabolism reactions including redox reactions, hydrolyses, and conjugations.
· Experience utilizing advanced LC/MS/MS techniques including accurate mass, mass defect filtering, and simultaneous quantitative analysis/metabolite identification.
· Experience in interpretation of CID spectra and fragmentation mechanisms.
· Demonstrated experience supporting lead optimization programs and working closely with discovery project teams.
· Hands-on experience performing in vitro metabolism experiments such as liver microsome and hepatocyte incubations is required.
· A thorough understanding of the underlying principles of drug metabolism, pharmacokinetics and analytical chemistry is essential.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills are essential, along with the ability to work effectively on matrix teams.
If you are interested in hearing more about the position please respond with your resume attached.
About The Fountain Group:
Headquartered in Tampa, FL, with operations in all 5 regions, The Fountain Group is a Contingent Labor Resource Provider. The Fountain Group services clients directly, clients with an internal contingent labor program, and clients with an external managed service program.
At The Fountain Group, we know that searching for a new career can be stressful, which is why we take time to understand your skills and personal goals. We understand the importance of job flexibility and professional growth, and offer top-notch positions with leading employers. In fact, the majority of our clients are well known Fortune 100-500 companies. We also offer a variety of benefits to our associates to ensure their overall happiness.
In addition to assisting with your job search, we will help you through every step of the process offering online tutorials and additional resources to enhance your industry knowledge and skills. As your employment agent, we are dedicated to providing career counseling and job advice, knowing precisely what established companies want.
At The Fountain Group, we treat you like family, regardless of your proximity to our office. We are dedicated to providing you with an exciting, challenging and highly rewarding place to work. Become a part of our team today and let us put your talents to work.