My name is Nicole and I represent The Fountain Group. We are a national staffing firm and are currently seeking an Event Planner for a prominent client of ours. This position is located in Durham, NC details for the positions are as follows:
· Will develop, coordinate and support visitor activities related to the company’s need of a certain division.
· In collaboration with the communications team, this role will support the maintenance of the display area exhibits including interactive stations, social content, and brochures/publications.
· The Associate will also provide project support to the division to track actions, activities, expenses, contracts and plans for the division.
· Provide project support to the division including managing visitors to the Center.
· Will works closely with the Project Manager the Director and staff of the Center, Director of Communications, other members of the Team
· Overseeing the arrangement of visits and bookings for the Center and conducting guided tours as appropriate.
· Acting as general caretaker of the Center.
· Coordination of materials, PowerPoint’s, brochures, literature, posters, internal/external content etc. that may be used in the Center
· Managing contracts and monitoring the budget, PO’s and expenses related to activities
· Maintaining contact with the network in order to keep them updated in the systems
· Assisting with the support, supervision, and coordination of the work of grad students, trainees and temporary staff and providing coaching as necessary.
· Serve as the content generator and owner for all bee care program activities, exhibition materials, presentations, internal newsletters and news articles, and management reports.
· Working in close cooperation with the communications team ensuring that communications materials, key messages and communications activities are consistent with the pollinator safety strategy
· Serve as tour guide of Center, assisting with apiary tours, demo’s and workshops and as outreach coordinator when the bee health program goes on the road to schools and community days.
· Working in close cooperation with other members of the Team to organize special events at the Center and at other external venues.
· Experience in internal and external communications.
· Experience in management support, marketing and project work would also be an advantage.
· Excellent written and oral English-language skills.
· Skilled in writing for a variety of audiences on a wide range of topics. Strong editing and proofreading skills.
· Enthusiasm and interest in bees.
· No known anaphylactic allergy to bee stings or phobias to bees.
· Excellent personal communications and negotiation skills
· Excellent analytical and organizational skills; creativity; flexibility; reliability, attention to detail; networking skills; innovative and sense of team spirit
· Must possess good computer skills. Ability to use a variety of personal computer software applications, including desktop publishing. MS Project, MS Office, Mind-mapping and database software experience would be an asset as well.
· Able to present sound and well-reasoned arguments to convince others.
· Ability to translate complex technical language and ideas into language easily comprehensible to non-specialists
· Experience in conducting research projects and documenting findings. Skilled in interviewing a variety of people and gathering and synthesizing information from many sources.
· Project management skills
If you are interested in hearing more about the position please respond to this posting with your resume attached.
Please forward this posting to any friends or colleagues as we do offer a Referral Bonus for any candidate hired.
About The Fountain Group:
Headquartered in Tampa, FL, with operations in all 5 regions, The Fountain Group is a Contingent Labor Resource Provider. The Fountain Group services clients directly, clients with an internal contingent labor program, and clients with an external managed service program.
At The Fountain Group, we know that searching for a new career can be stressful, which is why we take time to understand your skills and personal goals. We understand the importance of job flexibility and professional growth, and offer top-notch positions with leading employers. In fact, the majority of our clients are well known Fortune 100-500 companies. We also offer a variety of benefits to our associates to ensure their overall happiness.
In addition to assisting with your job search, we will help you through every step of the process offering online tutorials and additional resources to enhance your industry knowledge and skills. As your employment agent, we are dedicated to providing career counseling and job advice, knowing precisely what established companies want.
At The Fountain Group, we treat you like family, regardless of your proximity to our office. We are dedicated to providing you with an exciting, challenging and highly rewarding place to work. Become a part of our team today and let us put your talents to work.