My name is Amanda Tackett and I represent The Fountain Group. We are a national staffing firm and are currently seeking a Desktop Service Support for a prominent client of ours. This position is located in Pittsburgh, PA. Details for the positions are as follows:
· This position will be responsible for the daily administration and overall support of the Bayer PC areas of Active Directory for all of North America.
· Additionally, provide 3rd level PC support for desktop technicians across 50+ Bayer North American locations.
· Operational Responsibilities: Desktop Problem/Quality:
· Has responsibility for Active Directory Group Policy Objects maintenance, creation and implementation and support.
· Assist with various 3rd level PC support issues affecting all aspects of desktops and laptops. Active Directory Administration:
· Responsible for monitoring of Microsoft Active Directory (2008) regarding PC operating systems and Group Policy Objects (GPO). Bayer North America Active Directory includes 3 domains with over 100 Organizational Units.
· Work with local desktop support personnel to address systems not functioning properly/applying GPOs .
· Work with team lead to identify areas to best use GPOs to fulfill customer requests or projects
· Work with team lead investigating new PC lifecycle management solutions (installation or maintenance)
· Interface with onsite Service Delivery personnel when appropriate regarding GPO implementation or trouble shooting .
· Interface with Bayer Security personnel to maintain compliance with Bayer network infrastructure requirements. 3rd Level Desktop Support:
· Assist local desktop technicians with intricate issues until resolution is obtained (end of the line support).
· Work with Team Lead to resolve all manner of support issues ranging from minor glitches with software installs to planning of major application upgrades for 20,000 endpoints (Windows Service Packs, Office Service Packs etc) LANDesk / System Center Configuration Management (SCCM) Support:
· Provide day to day operational support regarding issues of software package upgrades and installs.
· Assist team with the transition between the current existing LANDesk landscape to the new SCCM platform. XP-Mode VM Support:
· Manage and support virtualize configuration within the Bayer environment
· Interface with Workplace Solution team to provide future changes and updates **Experience Required:
· Bachelor’s degree in Science/Technology related field (IT, Engineering etc)
· 3-5 years work experience in remote administration and 3rd level desktop support
· Previous relevant work experience in the administration of Active Directory **The successful candidate will also possess the following:
· Elite analytical/troubleshooting skills
· Strong technical writing skills
· Extensive experience in an enterprise desktop service environment
· Experience with MS Project, Excel, Word, Access and Adobe products
· Experience working with third party vendors/escalating support cases
· Extensive working knowledge of desktops and laptops (Dell & Lenovo), WinXP and Win7
· Basic knowledge of Windows 2003and 2008 server
If you are interested in hearing more about the position please respond to this posting with your resume attached.
Please forward this email to any friends or colleagues as we do offer a Referral Bonus for any candidate hired.
About The Fountain Group:
Headquartered in Tampa, FL, with operations in all 5 regions, The Fountain Group is a Contingent Labor Resource Provider. The Fountain Group services clients directly, clients with an internal contingent labor program, and clients with an external managed service program.
At The Fountain Group, we know that searching for a new career can be stressful, which is why we take time to understand your skills and personal goals. We understand the importance of job flexibility and professional growth, and offer top-notch positions with leading employers. In fact, the majority of our clients are well known Fortune 100-500 companies. We also offer a variety of benefits to our associates to ensure their overall happiness.
In addition to assisting with your job search, we will help you through every step of the process offering online tutorials and additional resources to enhance your industry knowledge and skills. As your employment agent, we are dedicated to providing career counseling and job advice, knowing precisely what established companies want.
At The Fountain Group, we treat you like family, regardless of your proximity to our office. We are dedicated to providing you with an exciting, challenging and highly rewarding place to work. Become a part of our team today and let us put your talents to work.