My name is Deidra and I represent The Fountain Group. We are a national staffing firm and are currently seeking a Sr Clinical Programmer for a prominent client of ours. This position is located in South San Francisco, CA. Details for the positions are as follows:
· To be responsible for the development and deployment of study databases and tools for data capture and cleaning, for the development of reports for clinical review and for the transformation of data for loading, analysis and/or data review.
· Performs tasks described in one or more focus areas for previous job level and additional tasks as specified below for that specific focus area
· Provides technical coaching and mentoring for subfunction activities to Assistant Clinical Programmer, Associate Clinical Programmers and/or Clinical Programmers assigned on a program
· Demonstrates a program-level understanding and has oversight of DDE issues, activities and deliverables
· Meets regularly with the Assistant Clinical Programmer, Associate Clinical Programmers and/or Clinical Programmers assigned to studies within the defined program to delegate tasks, review status and discuss any challenges and concerns
· Coordinates and plans DDE activities to meet program-level deliverables and timelines
· Develops and maintains the DDE programming standards, conventions and best practices for the studies in a program
· Coaches/mentors Assistant Clinical Programmer, Associate Clinical Programmers and/or Clinical Programmers on DDE standards, work aids and guidelines and implements them consistently across studies within the program
· Serves as the primary DDE contact at the program level and provides expert guidance to program teams
· Develops and maintains working relationships within and outside of CDM at the program level for DDE-related tasks
· Ensures appropriate resolutions of DDE-critical issues within the program
· Is responsible for complex and broad organizational impact deliverables for the subfunction for one or more studies/programs
· Contributes or leads local/global and cross-/ subfunctional working groups and initiatives
· Leads or participates in the global and local functional/cross-functional implementation of best practices and process improvement initiatives
· Effectively communicates ideas, project goals and status of work; presents to senior management
· May present at or chair forums in area of expertise
· Proactively develops solutions to complex problems requiring the regular use of ingenuity and innovation
· Proactively develops contingency plans to reduce impact of risks that may occur, to analyze effectiveness of strategies and to monitor and review risks
· BA/BS degree or equivalent and significant experience in one or more CDM functions
· Ability to apply advanced principles, theories and concepts for one or more sub-functions within CDM
· Grasp of trends in the industry and ability to apply them to work within the organization
· Extensive working experience with a programming language like SQL, PL/SQL, C# or SAS2. Extensive experience with a Clinical Data Management system in one or more of the following areas: clinical study database setup, edit check programming, data extraction or reporting Excellent under-standing of the study teams role and processes in drug development
· Excellent knowledge of clinical data management systems and processes
· Ability to understand systems and processes that relate or interact with clinical data management
· Ability to work independently, seeking direction as needed
· Effective project leadership skills developed through leading global teams through all stages of clinical programming
· Experience influencing and negotiating at all levels to achieve team delivery
· Excellent planning and organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities, tasks or goals, developing and committing to realistic estimates and plans to complete required tasks
· Ability to work collaboratively with different functions to achieve the best overall business outcome
· Ability to anticipate and meet team's needs
· Excellent problem solving skills to anticipate likely issues, actively seeks alternatives and address an unexpected challenge or obstacle
· Ability to contribute to the awareness and education of cross-functional colleagues by sharing information and learning from attendance at conferences and educational enrichment activities
· Ability to present or chair at industry user groups and conferences, leveraging networking opportunities
· Ability to assess cross-functional impact in the development of functional processes, training and related documents
· Peer recognition as an advanced technical expert who contributes to the development of concepts and techniques and who completes complex assignments in creative ways
· Ability to contribute to the CDM training community by ensuring that best training practices are being leveraged in focused training
· Ability to resolve difficult situations and positively manage conflicts
If you are interested in hearing more about the position please respond with your resume attached.
About The Fountain Group:
Headquartered in Tampa, FL, with operations in all 5 regions, The Fountain Group is a Contingent Labor Resource Provider. The Fountain Group services clients directly, clients with an internal contingent labor program, and clients with an external managed service program.
At The Fountain Group, we know that searching for a new career can be stressful, which is why we take time to understand your skills and personal goals. We understand the importance of job flexibility and professional growth, and offer top-notch positions with leading employers. In fact, the majority of our clients are well known Fortune 100-500 companies. We also offer a variety of benefits to our associates to ensure their overall happiness.
In addition to assisting with your job search, we will help you through every step of the process offering online tutorials and additional resources to enhance your industry knowledge and skills. As your employment agent, we are dedicated to providing career counseling and job advice, knowing precisely what established companies want.
At The Fountain Group, we treat you like family, regardless of your proximity to our office. We are dedicated to providing you with an exciting, challenging and highly rewarding place to work. Become a part of our team today and let us put your talents to work.