Posted 1 year ago in Healthcare
We are currently seeking a MEDICAL ASSISTANT for our Podiatry Medical Practice.
Hours will fluctuate weekly.
You will work in all three of our office locations.
Travel between these office locations is required (Rochester - Avon - Geneseo)
- This position requires a well organized individual with excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to work well in very busy situations.
- Candidate must have basic computer skills in MS Excel.
- Must be able to multitask and work independently with minimal supervision
- Must have schedule flexibility (early mornings, 7:30am start and one evening until 8:00pm)
- Candidate will work hands on with patients.
- Ideal candidate must keep up with the fast pace of the office environment.
- This position will have many administrative duties. Must work well on a computer, multi-tasking between clinical work and administrative.
- Must have your own reliable vehicle
- Previous medical office work a plus
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES (included but not limited to the following)
- Capable of working with a minimum of supervision / referring to doctor or manager for problems.
- Extremely organized and dependable
- Completing work and seeking out new work without being told
- Excellent patient interaction skills. Friendly, upbeat attitude.
- Willing to accept new and different work assignments which challenge his/her ability
- Bring patients to treatment room / help remove shoes & socks / help pt into chair
- Assisting doctor with any procedures necessary (casting, nail surgery, injections, dressing wounds etc.)
- Review medical history and medications with patients and enter into computer.
- X-ray set up and review, developing X-rays
- Set up injections
- Thoroughly clean each treatment room after each patient
- Filling out X ray paperwork and prescriptions as necessary
- Fitting patients with new orthotics and shoes
- Total control and responsibility of medical supply inventory and ordering of supplies
- Weekly overall cleaning/sterilizing of each treatment room and the entire office
- Interaction with PCP offices regarding patient information, referrals, MRI, labs, test results etc.
- Call in prescriptions, MRI or lab requests.
Two weeks paid vacation and paid time off at Thanksgiving and Christmas
Weekly travel stipend for travel between offices and nursing homes in the same day
Paid major holidays off
No weekend hours
Health insurance is NOT offered in this position.
Please email your Resume and Cover Letter, with past Salary History and Requesting Salary
We are a Family owned Podiatry Medical Office. We are looking to create the perfect office environment with the right individual to add to our awesome work family!
This position will work at our Henrietta office at 1200 Jefferson Road, Rochester, NY 14623 and at various Nursing/Assisted Living Homes at several locations.
Browse medical assistant jobs in Rochester, New York:
MED-SCRIBE, INC. - Rochester, NY
Posted 4 days ago on ZipRecruiter - ZipApply
Med-Scribe, Inc. - Rochester, NY
Posted 4 days ago on CareerBuilder
WEBSTER MEDICAL GROUP - Webster, NY
Posted 5 days ago on CareerBuilder