$18 to $24 Hourly (plus commission)
Medical, Vision, 401K, Life, Dental
Why Work Here?
“Wonderful work environement, benefits, compensation, bonus plan and more!”
NIGHT AUDIT/BELL PERSON: The Night Auditor is a key member of the Guest Services team and is responsible for the overnight operations of the Hotel, verifying the accuracy of guest accounts, balancing charges and revenues; handle’s both the duties of the front desk agent and some of the duties of the accounting department as well as assisting with all aspects of guest services. In addition, this position will assist in managing all aspects of the guest experience from personally greeting each guest and providing assistance with luggage and escorting guests to rooms and being available to assist the guest with all services/requests during their stay. Therefore, the person in this position is expected to be aware of arrivals by reviewing daily arrival lists and guest profiles, this includes identifying return guests and VIP’s in advance. This position will assist with coordinating guest needs, requests, and inquiries to ensure superior service and value for our guests. Perform other duties as assigned, such as providing luggage assistance, and ensuring the lobby area’s appearance reflects highly on the hotel and company. Other duties will include, but are not limited to assisting with concierge & personal assistant services. This position will be required to work a varied Night Audit schedule (10 p.m.-7 a.m.)
- Must report to work on time as per scheduled shift start time. Must be able to comply with any/ all hotel Attendance & Punctuality standards, expectations and policies.
- Must be able to work flexible schedule, weekends and holidays.
- Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with guests, staff, departments and supervisor. Must have good communication skills.
- Must have the ability to lift, pull and push moderate weight.
- Routinely check in/check-out guests, answer phones, take reservations and assist staff with job functions.
- Up-sell rooms where possible to maximize hotel revenue.
- Assist with carrying guest luggage as part of the personalization and rapport building with the guest.
- Complete opening and closing shift duties, and communicate any outstanding guest requests or issues to management that may require additional monitoring or follow-up. Respond appropriately to guest complaints.
- Make appropriate service recovery gestures in order to ensure total guest satisfaction.
- May routinely book guest reservations for individuals and/or groups that are requested either by phone or from within the hotel; process cancellations, revisions, and information updates on changes.
- Provide a check-in/check-out environment and hotel experience for VIP and special key guests that distinguish our brand from the competition and delivers superior service and value.
- Must work as a team player and support one another as partners in the achievements of common goals, including Guest Satisfaction; Associate Satisfaction; Financial Success and a Safe Environment.
- Responsibility for balancing all hotel income and expenses for 24-hour hotel operating period.
- Balance and audit accuracy of: room revenue, food and beverage revenue, guest and house accounts and all miscellaneous revenue. Prepare all reports relevant to daily revenue reporting.
- Transmit credit card batches. Complete and transmit daily management and accounting reports and supporting documents.
- Act as hotel system liaison during night hours.
- Must maintain all aspects of the front office areas and serves as a support to the Front Office Management team (and Concierge, Bell Staff, Door/Valet Staff, Transportation Staff, and Night Audit Staff).
- Provide timely and professional check-in/check-out services in accordance with established scripting and standards.
- Promote hotel services, facilities and outlets; provide guests with information such as local attractions and directions to increase guest satisfaction
- May be responsible for issuing safe-deposit boxes to guest and ensuring the security of keys.
- Perform other duties as assigned which may include guest room tours, concierge services, special guest requests, etc.).
- Maintain a commitment to consistently provide friendly service, and consistently providing the highest quality product and value to every customer on every occasion.
- Complete opening and closing shift duties, and communicate any outstanding guest requests or issues to management that may require additional monitoring or follow-up.
- Respond appropriately to guest complaints.
- Responsible for Room Service Orders when necessary.
- Perform all Guest Service Representative Functions as required; may assist in booking room reservations; may assist in answering hotel phone calls and notifying guests of message.
PHYSICAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Standing for entire shift and walking about the Front Office Area and hotel property when escorting guests.
- Walking, sitting, bending and stooping to perform any and all general duties.
- Carrying or lifting items weighing a minimum of 35 pounds
- Communication skills required include clear speech and hearing ability.
- Bending, stooping, kneeling
- Candidate must have minimum 1 year hotel experience, Income Audit and/or Front Office.
- Excellent customer skills and cash handling experience required.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Professional demeanor and appearance.
- Must have strong conflict resolution skills and MUST possess strong leadership, communication and relationship skills. (Must have clear, concise verbal & written communication skills.)
- Must be guest service focused, and understand expectations of hospitality demands.
- The ability to deal with internal & external guests with a high level of professionalism, tact and diplomacy.
- Previous cash handling experience is a plus.
- Proficient in MS Word/Excel and Power point is a plus.
- Bilingual is a plus.
- Must work well with others, be motivated, and display a positive energetic persona.
- The job requirements of the successful candidate will be a self-starter with a strong eye for details, results driven, possess strong interpersonal and administrative skills, and be a mentor.
- Excellent organizational skills are essential, must be able to multi task, have outstanding attitude, enthusiasm, and professionalism.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and with different levels of management.
- Must be results orientated with ability to be flexible. (May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.)
- Must possess initiative and high energy level.
- Ability to coordinate multiple activities.
- Outstanding hospitality skills.
About The Clement Palo Alto:
No detail has been overlooked at The Clement Hotel, Palo Alto’s newest and most inspiring urban retreat, providing personalized concierge services and privacy in a luxurious residential environment.
Experience all-inclusive luxury, including breakfast, lunch and dinner prepared in our Open Kitchen with our Chef presiding, in the Dining Room, the Outdoor Dining Terrace, the privacy of your guest suite, or in a cabana on our private roof-top pool deck overlooking the picturesque Stanford University campus.
All-inclusive luxury. Exclusively for you.
Pacific Hotel Management, LLC. is a privately-owned company specializing in the development and management of high quality hotels using a variety of franchise brands, combining a focused corporate administrative staff with a "hands on" management philosophy to operate profitable, well-maintained hotels. PHM's professional management team manages mid-market brands such as Courtyard by Marriott to extended-stay brands such as Residence Inn by Marriott and Homewood Suites by Hilton, to upscale brands such as Westin, Sheraton and InterContinental Hotels & Resorts. PHM's newest hotel, The Clement Hotel Palo Alto is an all inclusive luxury 23 one bedroom all suite property.
711 EL Camino Real, Palo Alto, CA 94301
1 month ago