The Centers is actively seeking a Nurse Paralegal to join our new medical records department. Candidates will be expected to have in-depth analytical skills with medical records and billing, be proficient in document production and have research experience. Candidates will produce detailed medical records summaries and demand letters for the litigation team. It is essential candidates are efficient and have experience in handling large quantities of documents, taking great care to ensure that confidentiality is maintained.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Summarize and prepare medical documentation for pre-litigation team review.
- Research, collect and organize patients’ medical records as requested.
- Analyze and screen patient cases from a medical/legal perspective.
- Comprehensively review medical and legal records.
- Provide insight and medical opinion regarding the liability and cause of the patient’s injuries.
- Act as a specialized member of the outside litigation team to connect medicine to law.
- When needed, provide expert testimony for claims and lawsuits.
- Analyze billings to evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of the medical evidence including pre-existing or co-existing medical conditions.
- Identify issues, omissions and discrepancies with any records or bills.
- Understand and utilize medical terminology, anatomical drawings, laboratory tests, and medications.
- Possess ability to thoroughly evaluate a medical condition and to explain or illustrate a diagnosis in legal terminology.
- Comply with all related regulatory mandates, including a complete understanding of HIPAA requirements.
- Nursing Degree preferred
- Paralegal Certification preferred
- FL State RN Certification and License
- 2+ years of Legal Nurse Consultant/ Nurse Paralegal experience
- Previous law firm experience appreciated
- Previous experience authoring medical records summary documents
About The Centers:
Providing an Extensive Range of Professional Services
Specifically Designed to Meet the Needs of Attorneys and Their Clients.