$55,000 to $60,000 Annually
Life, Medical, Vision, Dental
Why Work Here?
“Great place to develop great relationships and impact company culture and success, from day one and day-by-day!”
We’re looking for an experienced and self-motivated individual to join our new product development sourcing team. This is a key position bridging our US design team and overseas suppliers.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Lead and manage the new product development sourcing process for procurement to achieve company new product introduction goals.
- Communicate between the product development(PD)department & all suppliers overseas (primarily in China) on a daily
- Proofread design files with a thorough understanding and communicate with suppliers in advance with potential confusing points on any new material, process or any other
- As the bridge between PD and overseas suppliers must be a proactive thinker and problem solver, bring outstanding issues to the table for solutions to all development and production issues such as cost, quality, delivery
- Be familiar with product construction and raw material to support specific product category (i.e. chrome, ceramic, clothing, plush toys etc.)
- Set up new SKUs and UPC bar code for all new products;
- Negotiate new product cost, quality standard and delivery time with suppliers;
- Manage supplier sampling process from design file to prototype to initial production;
- Responsible for setting up final new product confirmation recaps with vendor info, product specs, packaging, final price, lead time, potential quality issues for the purchasing group to issue purchase orders;
- Maintain new product data information as it pertains to development status, costs, duty rate, etc.
- Work with outside product safety testing labs to conduct product testing under guidelines;
- Conduct QC on all incoming shipments, apply quality assurance methodologies and communicate with suppliers on all quality issues;
- Adhere to PD and sourcing department’s due dates for new product launch calendar and drive results in managing NPD critical path issues;
- Flexible work hours to support live calls with overseas suppliers on a regular basis
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Importing/exporting, manufacturing, product sourcing or purchasing and must have a track record of increased responsibilities over the years;
- Detail oriented and well organized for complex projects, ability to multi task and have strong follow up skills;
- Both results and process driven;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure and maintain balance between meeting deadlines in dynamic environment and providing accurate information;
- Must be a team player with strong work ethics and interpersonal skills
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
Must be fluent in English; fluent in Chinese Mandarin and be able to read Chinese is strongly preferred;
Advanced level Micro-soft Office applications use preferred (Excel, Outlook, Word, Power Point.)
The position is based in the company’s headquarters in Duluth, GA
Local candidates only
About The Aspen Brands Company:
Established in 2004, The Aspen Brands is a multi-brand company with flagship brands, Kate Aspen and Baby Aspen, selling to both online and brick and mortar retail trade across the globe. Kate Aspen, a premier designer and manufacturer of favors, table décor, and small gifts offers a wide range of products for weddings, birthdays, and special occasion celebrations. Baby Aspen, a line of boutique-quality baby gifts, strives to please both baby and parents, with quality as a top priority. With two distinctive brands and rave reviews from consumers and retailers, The Aspen Brands Company is an exciting place where employees can learn, share, advance, and be a part of something very special!
Please visit our websites to view our delightful products:
5 months ago