• The primary role of the Business Systems Analyst is to act as the liaison between Business partners and Technology Team. Accountable for ensuring that clear, concise System Requirements have been captured for various projects & enhancements. System Requirements will then be utilized by the technology team to create Design artifacts. Lead or participate with business partners in User Acceptance Testing, drive issue resolution, support the implementation and post install check-out process.
• Gather, analyze, document and manage user requirements (both functional and non-functional) to effectively recommend technology solutions that best address the requirements. Identify potential solutions for the business and provide input to issues or risks (through solid knowledge of the business and user requirements).
• Identify project interdependencies and communicate requirement / scope issues and participate in driving them to resolution for inclusion in the functional specifications.
• Translate user requirements into detailed system requirements for technology team. Manage all changes to user requirements and system requirement source documents.
• Document web services high-level and low-level Design artifacts e.g.: API Specification (Swagger or equivalent Standards), State Machine Diagrams, Source Data Mapping, DB / SOR connection Info & NFRs
• Drive Functionality and Services testing scope and test cases.
• Document detailed Performance testing specs
• Must have technical, functional & non-functional understanding for services and Back End Systems.
• Provide Technical, Functional and non-functional Knowledge Transition meetings.
• Demonstrate expert level knowledge in all systems, processes and data relating to the assigned business or project.
• Leverage domain expertise and analyst practice expertise to provide the most effective solutions to the business partners in the most efficient means possible.
• Select appropriate analysis techniques and tools (process modeling, use cases, etc.) for each project.
• Educate business partners on systems capabilities and the feasibility of developing specific solutions.
• Leverage technical knowledge & business expertise to manage effective working relationships with technology teams and business partners at management and end user levels.
• Negotiate technical and non-technical solutions that both satisfy the business users and conform to the technical architecture.
• Complete all support documentation on assigned projects, including creating and updating all user and technical procedures/manuals, operational support documentation.
• Define and monitor all implementation tasks such as the production check-out process, including review of reports, data files and online screens to ensure technical solutions perform according to the specifications and • meet defined business requirements.
• Actively champion and contribute to the continuous improvement of business systems analysis best practices, using innovative ideas to increase effectiveness of the overall analyst organization.
• Provide subject matter expertise in areas including strategy/approach, requirements gathering, process modeling, use cases and other areas of expertise based on established business analysis tools and techniques.
• Establish & maintain strong relationships within the department & across business functions.
• Assists organization in growing talents/skills through knowledge sharing and influencing.