Sorry, this job was closed 3 years ago. See all open Production Manager Jobs in Los Angeles, CA
for a Production Manager/Plant Superintendent with a well-established company
up to 85Kk plus bonus of 10%
Bilingual Strongly Preferred
Union Experience Strongly Preferred
Eduction- Must have a BS Degree.
Broad Function and Objective of Position
The Plant Superintendent will direct the manufacturing and distribution functions of this plant.
This manufacturing manager will assure timely and efficient production in this fast-paced assembly plant of about 120 associates. His/hers main function is to assure timely and efficient production and distribution of high-quality products at the least cost while preserving plant assets.
Directly supervises all production and shipping supervisors with respect to production volume, cost and quality of production and meeting production schedules and delivery dates.
1. Trains, coaches and evaluates supervisory and hourly personnel, ensuring maximum efficiency and productivity,
2. Monitors and ensures efficient utilization of equipment and facilities, including housekeeping.
3. Confers with Plant Manager in establishing working schedules for all production departments.
4. Responsible for creating a safe working environment, ensuring implementation of plant safety policies, procedures and programs and adhering to requirement under EPA, DOT, OSHA, and flammability standards.
5. Assures adherence to standard operating practices/methods and maintaining the incentive and day work wage systems.
6. Develops and maintains a positive working relationship with hourly workforce - employee relations, discipline and complaint procedures.
7. Adheres to budgetary limitations for all departments including maintenance supplies.
8. Supervises equipment/facility maintenance operations including preventive maintenance and housekeeping programs.
9. Recommends equipment and/or layout changes, production methods or material handling procedures
10. Recommends purchase of new capital equipment.
11. Responsible for meeting annual affirmative actions goals for hourly staff.
12. Fills in for Plant Manager/Asst. Plant Manager on all factory-related responsibilities in his/her absence.
13. Assists other manufacturing plants in factory operations on an as needed basis.
Keywords: Plant Superintendent, Assistant Plant Manager, Manufacturing, Degree, Production Supervisor, Manufacturing Manager, Plant Shift Manager, assembly
1. Reports directly to the Plant Manager
2. (4) Production Supervisors Report Directly to the Plant Superintendent
3. (1) Shipping Supervisor Reports Directly
4. Approximately (120) Indirect Subordinates
5. Union experience helpful
Bachelor Degree and (5) or more years experience in a manufacturing environment which must include at least five years as supervisor.
TES® Inc. is a specialized recruiting firm serving clients since 1981 in need of key professional, engineering, management and administrative talent. At TES®, we work with our clients to plan and execute a targeted recruiting process that leads to the selection and placement of the most highly qualified candidates available.
Posted 3 years ago
Browse production manager jobs in Los Angeles, California:
Express Employment Professionals in Los Angeles, CA
Posted 5 days ago on ZipRecruiter
CalTek Staffing, Inc. in Carson, CA
Posted 17 days ago on ZipRecruiter
Phillips Industries in Santa Fe Springs, CA
Posted 9 days ago on ZipRecruiter