Responsible for growing the sales of major furniture stores to their highest potential. Key focus is on developing relationships and implementing sales processes across all levels of the National Account sales teams. Additionally the individual will implement training programs and product presentation in retail stores to ensure maximum effectiveness of the Tempur-Pedic brand in order to elevate the retail experience for the Tempur-Pedic consumer. Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned:
- To ensure a high level of service to our retail customers, it is considered an essential duty to be available to work a flexible schedule that meets the needs of the retail industry. This includes evenings and weekends as necessary, as well as multiple, simultaneous work days.
- Responsible for in store visual presentation and maintenance.
- Develops and maintains relationships with assigned accounts and schedule to hit call frequency targets.
- Travels through assigned territory to call on accounts to conduct training programs and delivery of marketing materials.
- Meets with VP of National Accounts, Director of Sales Development and assigned National Account Executives being mentored to hone training and account management skills.
- Demonstrates product, using a training program to emphasize sale features and benefits and demonstrates a core retail sales process effectively to the retail associates.
- Tracks adoption of the effectiveness of their sales training adoption in their assigned stores. Familiar with the sales metrics and goals established for their assigned doors.
- Communicates training session recaps to National Account Executive with appropriate chain-of-command communications to VP of National Accounts), including observations on store personnel, display and attitude/atmosphere of the sales environment..
- Follows all Tempur-Pedic company policies and procedures
- Performs other duties and tasks as assigned by the VP of National Accounts.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies :
- Communications - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Responds well to questions; Communicates within a team atmosphere. Demonstrates group presentation skills. Must be comfortable in dealing directly with consumers.
- Customer Service - Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Meets commitments. Maintains a high degree of professionalism with all customers at all times. Will focus on new hire trainings and routine store visits.
- Interpersonal Skills - Maintains confidentiality and professionalism at all times.
- Judgment - Includes appropriate people in decision-making process, following the chain of command.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities to achieve the quantity of work expectations detailed by the VP of National Accounts.
- Dependability - Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan. Remains flexible to meet the business needs of the organization.
- Initiative – Aggressively looks for and takes advantage of training opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Presentation – Presents a professional and neat appearance.
Education and/or Experience
One to two years related training and/or sales experience. Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university is required.
Computer Skills To perform this job successfully, an individual should have a good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint & Explorer Internet software, as well as able to learn internal company systems effectively.
- The position requires up to 50% travel with weekend, evening work, and key holidays.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand and sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 80 pounds.
- Extensive driving is required for this position.
- The position requires a current driver's license, without restriction for night driving.
- Must be willing to relocate.