Successful candidate will manage all aspects of environmental health and safety programs for Tempur-Pedic's Albuquerque facility, provide leadership and strategic direction for EH&S programs in partnership with senior management, and directly supervise environmental technicians and additional EH&S staff. Competencies & Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in EH&S, Environmental Science, or closely related field
- Subject matter expert on environmental & safety regulations (local, state, federal), standards, best practices
- At least 5 years directly related experience at this level within a similar manufacturing environment, three of which was as a people manager and providing leadership to management on EH&S best practices and strategy
- Successful program management experience, including implementation, follow-through, "teaching others to fish" (specifically with Behavioral Based Safety), resource allocation, delegation, and collaboration (other employees, departments, internal or external to business), and business strategy alignment
- Exceptional interpersonal communication skills, including oral and written, presentations to various size groups and diverse audiences, teambuilding, and conflict resolution
- Demonstrated expertise with coaching, performance management, professional development, employment law, and general principles of people management
- Demonstrated ability to succeed in a matrixed organization, including the ability to build and maintain collaborative relationships with subordinates, peers, management, cross-functional teams, and external resources
- Reputation as respected leader; assertive yet diplomatic, builds credibility with honesty, follow-up, and contributions to short- and long-term strategies of the organization
- Solid change management skills and history of continuous improvement as a guiding principle
- Demonstrated ability to train effectively, including design of training, training other trainers, regulatory compliance requirements, and delivering training to different sized groups at all levels of the organization
- Must have business acumen, including basic knowledge of business principles (ex: budgeting, cost, capital planning, etc.), using processes as means to drive desired behavior and results, and demonstrate sound reporting and analytical skills.
About Tempur Sealy International, Inc.:
Iconic brands. Storied history. Industry-leading innovation.
Tempur Sealy International, Inc. is the world's largest bedding provider. The company develops, manufactures and markets mattresses, adjustable bases, pillows and other sleep and relaxation products. Combining a proud history and groundbreaking innovation, the company holds some of the most highly recognized brands in the industry.
Tempur Sealy is proud to be an E.O.E/AAP employer.