Sorry, this job was closed 4 years ago. See all open Manager Jobs in Albuquerque, NM
Successful candidate will manage all aspects of environmental health and safety programs for Tempur-Pedic's Albuquerque facility, provide leadership and strategic direction for EH&S programs in partnership with senior management, and directly supervise environmental technicians and additional EH&S staff.
Competencies & Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in EH&S, Environmental Science, or closely related field
- Subject matter expert on environmental & safety regulations (local, state, federal), standards, best practices
- At least 5 years directly related experience at this level within a similar manufacturing environment, three of which was as a people manager and providing leadership to management on EH&S best practices and strategy
- Successful program management experience, including implementation, follow-through, "teaching others to fish" (specifically with Behavioral Based Safety), resource allocation, delegation, and collaboration (other employees, departments, internal or external to business), and business strategy alignment
- Exceptional interpersonal communication skills, including oral and written, presentations to various size groups and diverse audiences, teambuilding, and conflict resolution
- Demonstrated expertise with coaching, performance management, professional development, employment law, and general principles of people management
- Demonstrated ability to succeed in a matrixed organization, including the ability to build and maintain collaborative relationships with subordinates, peers, management, cross-functional teams, and external resources
- Reputation as respected leader; assertive yet diplomatic, builds credibility with honesty, follow-up, and contributions to short- and long-term strategies of the organization
- Solid change management skills and history of continuous improvement as a guiding principle
- Demonstrated ability to train effectively, including design of training, training other trainers, regulatory compliance requirements, and delivering training to different sized groups at all levels of the organization
- Must have business acumen, including basic knowledge of business principles (ex: budgeting, cost, capital planning, etc.), using processes as means to drive desired behavior and results, and demonstrate sound reporting and analytical skills.
About Tempur Sealy International, Inc.:
Iconic brands. Storied history. Industry-leading innovation.
Tempur Sealy International, Inc. is the world's largest bedding provider. The company develops, manufactures and markets mattresses, adjustable bases, pillows and other sleep and relaxation products. Combining a proud history and groundbreaking innovation, the company holds some of the most highly recognized brands in the industry.
Tempur Sealy is proud to be an E.O.E/AAP employer.
Posted date: 4 years ago
Browse Manager jobs in Albuquerque, New Mexico:
Retail Assistant Sales Manager - Albuquerque, NM
Conn's HomePlus in Albuquerque, NM
Posted 14 days ago on ZipRecruiter
Leading Tile Company in Albuquerque, NM
Posted 13 days ago on ZipRecruiter
General Manager in Training
Gecko Hospitality in Albuquerque, NM
Posted 25 days ago on ZipRecruiter