Sorry, this job was closed 26 days ago. See all open Electrical Engineer Jobs in Kalamazoo, MI
“Brand new facility located in Galesburg, offering great benefits and growth opportunities!”
· Self starter who can work with technical performance specifications to optimize and create all phases of electrical solutions for a wide variety of lighting products.
· A personal drive to rapidly complete assigned tasks is a requirement as is the ability to work on multiple projects.
· Interests in multiple fields of engineering a plus.
· Creative thinker with inherent interests in product performance optimization is a requirement.
· Work closely with Manufacturing Operations to bring new product designs through prototyping, testing, certification, and product launch.
· Accurately develop and document BOM’s and designs.
· Evaluate and select the electrical, mechanical, thermal, optical, and semiconductor components determined to be optimal for design and manufacture of products.
· Continuously review and evaluate new technologies, competitor products, and products (including field failures and customer returns) so as to keep TecNiq at the forefront of the competition.
· Help optimize supply chain, manufacturing cost reduction, quality control, and resolution of any product issues.
· Experience using Mentor Graphics a plus.
Other duties as assigned.
· Theory-of-operation knowledge and understanding of: LED’s, electrical power supply and drive circuitry, heat sink thermodynamics, optics, and general knowledge of Solid-State Lighting components.
· General hands-on proficiency with computers, electronic test instruments, lab and shop tools related to prototype building and testing.
· Good project management skills and experience as related to bringing new products to market.
· Good general communications skills; verbal and written.
· Ability to interface with and manage a wide variety of component suppliers, technology vendors, contract manufacturers, design service providers, etc.
· Critical thinking and problem resolution skills a must.
· Responsive sense of urgency to take approved final product to market in an efficient manner.
· Manage projects within time, budget and technical constraints
· Employee must perform his/her job within acceptable safety, environmental, quality, productivity and performance standards as outlined in plant policies, handbooks and applicable work instructions.
Bachelors degree in electrical engineering preferred. Two to five years of relevant work experience preferred.
Please Note: TecNiq Inc. is not able to provide sponsorship for this position.
TecNiq Inc. designs and manufactures high quality, energy-efficient LED lighting products for fleet vehicles, construction trailers, emergency response vehicles, boats, recreational vehicles, and much more. The company's innovative light designs and commitment to using only the highest quality materials have led to significant growth.
Company address: 9100 E. Michigan Ave, Galesburg, MI 49053
Posted date: 1 month ago
Browse Electrical Engineer jobs in Kalamazoo, MI: