My client, a leading financial institution’s Information Technology – Application Development Department has a medium term requirement for a Data Warehouse Developer. This position is a contractor opening and will support major enterprise Data Warehouse applications. The ideal candidate will be an experienced developer, highly organized, an excellent communicator, and a team player with exceptional time management skills.
· Under direction, participates as a high technical expert in design, development, coding, testing and debugging new software or enhancements to existing software.
· Works with other technical staff to understand problems with software and develops specifications to resolve them.
· Assists as a technical mentor in training for less-experienced development staff.
· Test developer tool upgrades
· Support contingency testing for applications
· Perform contingency testing and environment setup
· 4 - 7 years of experience developing and supporting moderate to complex data warehouses or data marts
· 5+ years experience working with ETL (extraction, transformation and loading) technologies
· 3+ years experience working with Business Objects
· 7+ Years IT experience
· Data warehouse or data mart analysis and design experience
· Practical experience and knowledge in the following technologies and tools
· Extract, Transform and Load (ETL) Tools (Informatica and MS SQL Server 2008 – SSIS, SSAS, etc.).
· Data Modeling - Dimensional and Normalized Relational
· SQL Development (MS SQL Server 2000, 2005 and 2008)
· Business Intelligence Tools (Business Objects, Hyperion, etc)
· Crystal Reports and On-Line Analytical Processing (OLAP)
· Operating System Environments (Windows, Unix, etc.).
· Ability to write clear and concise technical documents
· Ability to clearly document a process or procedure for others to follow
· Ability to be relied upon to complete a task or project with minimal supervision.
· Excellent written and verbal communications skills along with exceptional customer service skills
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field (or equivalent work experience)
· One or more of the Data Warehousing related certifications