My client, a major Government Financial Institution is seeking a talented Data Modeler to act as a reference and authority on the process of data modeling and ensure that they maintain their position at the forefront of data modeling. This is a 12 month contract position.Duties & Responsibilities:
- Perform development or maintenance work on data models, data dictionaries, CRUD matrix, flowcharts, design justifications or other artifacts to meet with corporate standards, integration with enterprise data architecture and company goals.
- Conduct data analysis and capture data requirements
- Create data dictionary and metadata around the data elements Responsible for defining the source repositories and rules around the transformations
- Experience working in Agile or Scrum methodologies in large hetergenous teams
- Create the logical and physical models
- Strong knowledge of Oracle , SqlServer or other enterprise databases (5 yrs exp), Embarcadero/ER studio or ERwin, Toad or SqlDeveloper
- Contribute to large modeling projects with other data modelers at remote sites
- Experience with version control systems such as Ibm Synergy or Subversion
- Work with Management to establish a data modeling disciple in the FedACH environment.
- Work with customers to understand and derive meaningful data relationships and translate them into appropriate data models.
- Serve as a reference and authority on the process of data modeling and ensure consistency with existing data models and data architectures, published standards and guidelines.
- Works with FedACH Information Architecture team and Data Warehouse/BI team to refine complex data relationships and business rules and enhance data models.
- Develop, review, approve new data models and enhance existing models.
- Validate logical data models with business subject matter experts.
- Work with other members of the development team to ensure all requirements are captured and reflected in the data model.
- Work with DBA team to design physical models to satisfy optimal performance.
- Participate in best practices and standards development.
- Train/mentor others in data modeling.
- Actively participate in meta data definition and management.
- Actively participate in designing the data access layer.
- Assist and backup DW/BI architect in support of data warehouse/business intelligence functions.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and related work experience.
- Six or more years of data modeling experience.
· 2 -5 years experience as a Microsoft SQL Server and/or Oracle database administrator (INTERMEDIATE LEVEL)
· 5+ years experience as a Microsoft SQL Server and/or Oracle database administrator (SENIOR LEVEL)
· Experience in SQL Server 2008 (Security model, Integration Services and Reporting Services)
· Oracle 11g experience
· Ability to write clear and concise technical documents.
· Ability to clearly document a process or procedure for others to follow.
· Ability to be relied upon to complete a task or project with minimal supervision.
· Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
· Proven customer service skills.
US Citizenship is required for this position
- Experience establishing and maintaining an enterprise approach to logical data modeling.
- Strong analytical, requirements gathering, communication skills, and ability to work in cross-functional, multi-disciplined team environment.
- Advanced knowledge and experience in logical and physical data modeling.
- Ability to function in a cross functional team and communicate with technical and non-technical peers and managers.
- Strong teamwork and cooperation skills.
- Significant experience and interest in Data Warehouse/BI technology.
- Knowledgeable about object oriented design and object relational mapping
- Experience with SQL and data access layer design.