Sorry, this job was closed 4 years ago. See all open Technical Specialist Jobs in Warwick, RI
Support Center Technical Specialist - 534
Primary Responsibilities/Tasks - Essential Functions
- DATA/VIDEO/VOICE/HOSPTALITY: Receives incoming calls from commercial customers for technical support. Diagnoses and resolves customer technical support issues with emphasis on serving in a professional and courteous manner.
- DATA Service responsibilities include: Cable Modem Provisioning/Troubleshooting, IP and DNS management and troubleshooting, E-mail set-up troubleshooting, Plant and network problem trending, PC/MAC troubleshooting including TCP/IP and hardware problem troubleshooting, Fiber/HiCap troubleshooting, Metro-Ethernet troubleshooting, Webhosting, CBOB, CBSS and other network+ related issues.
- VOICE Service Responsibilities include: eMTA troubleshooting, POTS line troubleshooting PRI over HFC, Fiber/HiCap voice services, feature provisioning and troubleshooting including Voicemail, HUNT groups, caller ID, and Cox’s VoiceManager product. Diagnoses and trends issues related to geographic problems, switch issues, and effectively partners with our various Switch locations for ensuring customer resolution.
- VIDEO Service responsibilities include: Digital and Analog Television troubleshooting, including digital set-top boxes (MOTO and CISCO platforms), customer equipment/cabling configurations, and trends audio and video issues related to plant/network issues.
- HOSPITALITY Service Responsibilities include: PC/MAC troubleshooting for up to 100,000 hotel guests for internet assistance, inclusive of Email and TCP/IP settings. Remote Server configuration maintenance and troubleshooting at the hotel locations and managing guest registration issues to ensure accurate billing information to optimize Revenue of the product. Also performs dispatch functions and routes fix agents to hotel locations based on Service Level agreements at the hotel properties.
- DATA/VIDEO/VOICE/HOSPTALITY: Manages Problem Handling processes across all Markets including Trouble ticket creation and customer follow up. Ensures accurate problem tickets and call disposition in order to effectively trend call driving issues into call center. Processes incoming/outgoing trouble tickets for customer related issues, specifically handling incoming emails/Remedy tickets needing follow up or customer required responses.
- Refers issues that require dispatched maintenance technicians to NSC Tier 2
- DATA/VIDEO/VOICE/HOSPTALITY: Troubleshoots hardware and software configurations to isolate and determine solutions in accordance with AUP standards.
- DATA/VIDEO/VOICE/HOSPTALITY: Maintains current knowledge of all commercial products and uses all appropriate processes and procedures for trouble shooting data, video, and telephony systems and applications.
- DATA/VIDEO/VOICE/HOSPTALITY: Maintains overall industry awareness of products and services provided by competitors nation-wide through training and self reliance
- DATA/VIDEO/VOICE/HOSPTALITY: Documents problems and solutions; completes reports and service orders using large customer database.
- DATA/VIDEO/VOICE/HOSPTALITY: Provides billing information and resolves problems for customers escalated through Account Services for commercial billing issues...
- Assists with other tasks assigned as needed, to improve the delivery of service to customers.
Qualifications Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- HS diploma, GED or relevant work experience
- Specialized skill training/certification may be required
- 2-5 years of experience in area of responsibility Proficient problem solving and analytical skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills. Demonstrated ability to develop a rapport with customers whose level of computer expertise may vary
- Exceptional troubleshooting skills, specifically with telephony product/services is a plus
- Proficient data entry skills.
- Proficient computer skills
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Ability to multitask
- Ability to work flexible hours and/or on-call as needed
- Successful completion of Cox TSR assessment and demonstrated PC troubleshooting/repair skills
- Knowledge of TCP/IP and LAN/WAN topologies and configurations
- Knowledge of telecommunications services
- Experience configuring supplied customer premise equipment preferred
- Knowledge of cable industry billing software (ICOMS or equivalent) preferred
- Prior experience with trouble management software preferred
- A+, Net+ certification preferred
- Call Disposition Compliance
- Wrap/Hold Compliance
- Schedule Adherence
- Individual Quality
- Time Needed to Resolve Customer Inquiries
- Accuracy and Timeliness of:
- Customer issue resolution
- Training Compliance
- Technical skills
- Administrative and organizational skills
- Meeting individually assigned objectives
- Training Metrics
- Total number of hours spent in training
- % of required/recommended training completed
- Customer Satisfaction Survey
Internal/External Relationships and AccountabilitiesINTERNAL DIRECT RELATIONSHIPS: ACCOUNTABLE FOR:
- CB Sales/Account services
- Technical Markets across Enterprise
- Local Switch/Test Desks
- CB Field Service/HN Dispatch/HSD Technicians
- Updating/maintaining correct CB accounting.
- Supporting customer facing and back-end functions
- Partners to identify plant/network/back office issues
- Partners to identify voice issues related to telephony Switch issues
- Troubleshooting/Supporting commercial and Hospitality Network customers.
- Core Customers
- Strategic Customer
- Providing them with a productive and efficient technical support / customer care experience
- Resolving any technical support (data) issues
- Responding to inquiries in a timely fashion
Confidential and Sensitive Information:
- ICOMS account information, CPNI records
Tools and Equipment:
- Common office furniture and equipment, such as:
- Desktop computer
- Fax machine/printer
- Software suites including but not limited to:
- Ticketing/dispositioning systems for customer resolution
- Access database, ICOMS, Remedy Support
- Diagnostic web-based troubleshooting tools:
- Web Control Panel,
- DNS/Email Control Panel,
- KIQ, and others
- Vision Tools
- Solutions IP Server / UBR Server
- Netweather / Digiweather
- Vantive Ticketing System
- Apptix Ticketing system
- Microsoft SharePoint
- Ticketing/dispositioning systems for customer resolution
About Tech Providers, Inc.:
Tech Providers, Inc., a woman-owned Alabama Corporation with its corporate office located in Birmingham, Alabama, provides consultants nationwide. TPI addresses your technical resource requirements, allowing you to focus on your business. We allow you the ability to hire, manage, and pay IT contractors by being the single point of accountability. Our strength is in our people; we are ready to work hard for you.
Posted date: 4 years ago
Browse Technical Specialist jobs in Warwick, Rhode Island:
Workflow Redesign Specialist
Rhode Island Quality Institute in Providence, RI
Posted 19 days ago on ZipRecruiter
Billing Training Specialist (Software)
Smart Management in Providence, RI
Posted 13 days ago on ZipRecruiter
IT Principal Support Specialist
CVS Health Retail in Lincoln, RI
Posted 5 days ago on StartWire