The National Support Center Technical Specialists support Inbound customer contact from all Business Service sites on a 24/7 basis, including holidays. Specialists must be able to work independently to handle support for Core and Strategic Customer segments for all VIDEO, VOICE, DATA and HOSPITALITY products that Business provides nationally. Specialists troubleshoot Customer Premise Equipment, Equipment, and identify and troubleshoot network or plant issues. Other Cox managed services that Specialists support include, but are not limited to Webhosting, DNS, CIDR IP, Email, and VPN issues. Specialists’ partner with various local market departments such as NOC, SOC, NTSC, SDC etc., assisting in troubleshooting associated transport systems including Sonet as well as Hi-Cap and Fiber services. The NSC is the primary point of contact for all National Account Customers, Webhosting Customers, Online Backup Customers, and Security Suite customers. If unable to resolve issues at first contact, Representatives effectively escalated issues to appropriate next-level fix agents as needed.
- Essential Functions
- DATA/VIDEO/VOICE/HOSPTALITY: Receives incoming calls from commercial customers for technical support. Diagnoses and resolves customer technical support issues with emphasis on serving in a professional and courteous manner.
- DATA Service responsibilities include: Cable Modem Provisioning/Troubleshooting, IP and DNS management and troubleshooting, E-mail set-up troubleshooting, Plant and network problem trending, PC/MAC troubleshooting including TCP/IP and hardware problem troubleshooting, Fiber/HiCap troubleshooting, Metro-Ethernet troubleshooting, Webhosting, CBOB, CBSS and other network+ related issues.
- VOICE Service Responsibilities include: eMTA troubleshooting, POTS line troubleshooting PRI over HFC, Fiber/HiCap voice services, feature provisioning and troubleshooting including Voicemail, HUNT groups, caller ID, and Cox’s VoiceManager product. Diagnoses and trends issues related to geographic problems, switch issues, and effectively partners with our various Switch locations for ensuring customer resolution.
- VIDEO Service responsibilities include: Digital and Analog Television troubleshooting, including digital set-top boxes (MOTO and CISCO platforms), customer equipment/cabling configurations, and trends audio and video issues related to plant/network issues.
- HOSPITALITY Service Responsibilities include: PC/MAC troubleshooting for up to 100,000 hotel guests for internet assistance, inclusive of Email and TCP/IP settings. Remote Server configuration maintenance and troubleshooting at the hotel locations and managing guest registration issues to ensure accurate billing information to optimize Revenue of the product. Also performs dispatch functions and routes fix agents to hotel locations based on Service Level agreements at the hotel properties.
- DATA/VIDEO/VOICE/HOSPTALITY: Manages Problem Handling processes across all Markets including Trouble ticket creation and customer follow up. Ensures accurate problem tickets and call disposition in order to effectively trend call driving issues into call center. Processes incoming/outgoing trouble tickets for customer related issues, specifically handling incoming emails/Remedy tickets needing follow up or customer required responses.
- Refers issues that require dispatched maintenance technicians to NSC Tier 2
- DATA/VIDEO/VOICE/HOSPTALITY: Troubleshoots hardware and software configurations to isolate and determine solutions in accordance with AUP standards.
- DATA/VIDEO/VOICE/HOSPTALITY: Maintains current knowledge of all commercial products and uses all appropriate processes and procedures for trouble shooting data, video, and telephony systems and applications.
- DATA/VIDEO/VOICE/HOSPTALITY: Maintains overall industry awareness of products and services provided by competitors nation-wide through training and self reliance
- DATA/VIDEO/VOICE/HOSPTALITY: Documents problems and solutions; completes reports and service orders using large customer database.
- DATA/VIDEO/VOICE/HOSPTALITY: Provides billing information and resolves problems for customers escalated through Account Services for commercial billing issues...
- Assists with other tasks assigned as needed, to improve the delivery of service to customers.
Qualifications Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- HS diploma, GED or relevant work experience
- Specialized skill training/certification may be required
- 2-5 years of experience in area of responsibility Proficient problem solving and analytical skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills. Demonstrated ability to develop a rapport with customers whose level of computer expertise may vary
- Exceptional troubleshooting skills, specifically with telephony product/services is a plus
- Proficient data entry skills.
- Proficient computer skills
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Ability to multitask
- Ability to work flexible hours and/or on-call as needed
Recommended Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Successful completion of Cox TSR assessment and demonstrated PC troubleshooting/repair skills
- Knowledge of TCP/IP and LAN/WAN topologies and configurations
- Knowledge of telecommunications services
- Experience configuring supplied customer premise equipment preferred
- Knowledge of cable industry billing software (ICOMS or equivalent) preferred
- Prior experience with trouble management software preferred
- A+, Net+ certification preferred
Performance MeasuresIndividual performance will be measured on a monthly basis.
- Call Disposition Compliance
- Wrap/Hold Compliance
- Schedule Adherence
- Individual Quality
- Time Needed to Resolve Customer Inquiries
- Accuracy and Timeliness of:
- Customer issue resolution
- Technical skills
- Administrative and organizational skills
- Meeting individually assigned objectives
- Total number of hours spent in training
- % of required/recommended training completed
- Customer Satisfaction Survey
Internal/External Relationships and AccountabilitiesINTERNAL
DIRECT RELATIONSHIPS: ACCOUNTABLE FOR:
- CB Sales/Account services
- Technical Markets across Enterprise
- Local Switch/Test Desks
- CB Field Service/HN Dispatch/HSD Technicians
- Updating/maintaining correct CB accounting.
- Supporting customer facing and back-end functions
- Partners to identify plant/network/back office issues
- Partners to identify voice issues related to telephony Switch issues
- Troubleshooting/Supporting commercial and Hospitality Network customers.
DIRECT RELATIONSHIPS: ACCOUNTABLE FOR:
- Core Customers
- Strategic Customer
Confidential and Sensitive Information:
- Providing them with a productive and efficient technical support / customer care experience
- Resolving any technical support (data) issues
- Responding to inquiries in a timely fashion
Tools and Equipment:
- ICOMS account information, CPNI records
- Common office furniture and equipment, such as:
- Desktop computer
- Fax machine/printer
- Software suites including but not limited to:
- Ticketing/dispositioning systems for customer resolution
- Access database, ICOMS, Remedy Support
- Diagnostic web-based troubleshooting tools:
- Web Control Panel,
- DNS/Email Control Panel,
- KIQ, and others
- Vision Tools
- Solutions IP Server / UBR Server
- Netweather / Digiweather
- Vantive Ticketing System
- Apptix Ticketing system
- Microsoft SharePoint