Sorry, this job was closed 4 months ago. See all open Installation Technician Jobs in Louisville, KY
Voice, Data & Fiber Installers & Technicians
Position:Voice/Data/Fiber Installers and Technicians
Description:Team Fishel, the Best Choice for Utility Construction and Network Installation, is hiring Voice/Data/Fiber Installers and Technicians. This position is responsible for having the knowledge of cable installations of Voice, Data, Fiber Optics and Coax cables. Terminate and testing cables of copper and fiber optic cables.
Team Fishel specializes in utility construction and network installation services with offices nationwide. Our Customers include broadband communications providers, gas distribution companies, electrical utility companies, government agencies, public and private enterprises, commercial and residential developers, general contractors, and educational institutions.
The ideal candidate will have 2 + years experience in fusion splicing fiber optic cable, splice audit verifications, voice/data/fiber installation and termination experience and OTDR and power meter testing.
- Splice various types and sizes of fiber optic cable including single mode, multimode, stranded and ribbon.
- Analyzes and troubleshoots basic technical problems or issues
- Reviews, interprets and works with various maps, drawings and blueprints and testing documents.
- Performs daily tests, checks and maintenance of splicing and testing equipment.
- Performs optical continuity and conformance testing
- Makes splicing rearrangements on existing facilities in buried, underground, aerial and building work locations.
Basic Job Qualifications:
- Must possess at least a High School diploma or GED equivalency
- Must possess a minimum of two (2) years of experience in telecommunications or related technical field and demonstrate the ability to supervise others.
- Working knowledge of using various fusion splicing and optical testing equipment including, Alcoa Fujikura, GN Net Test, EXFO, Fitel, Sumitomo.
- Must have proven skill level to interpret blueprints and other project documents, including but not limited to, specifications, reporting and quality requirements.
- Must possess the knowledge to identify and understand the difference between CAT 3 and CAT 5; Riser; Fiber optic; PVC, riser rated and plenum cable; Plenum and PVC environments.
- Must know the universal communications color codes.
- Ability to work with others and work independently
- Ability to climb and work at elevations (e.g., from ladders, poles, lift trucks, etc.)
- Ability to work in confined spaces
- Must meet Company minimum driving standards.
Team Fishel will provide on-the-job training in all areas of safety, including flagging certification, tool operation and maintenance.
Bilingual and prior construction experience is a plus
Qualified candidates may also apply here http://goo.gl/8SkbHO
About Team Fishel:
Team Fishel is an outstanding provider of Engineering, Utility Construction and Network Installation services. For over 80 years we've been a top provider of telecom, broadband cable, electric power distribution, gas distribution and data center build-outs. In 1936, Ken Fishel founded The Fishel Company with strong values and a commitment to providing our Customers with Service Excellence. With 37 offices nationwide and 1,850 skilled Teammates, we have the technical expertise and financial muscle to take on any size project.
Company address: 4508 Bishop Lane, Louisville, KY, United States
Posted date: 4 months ago
Browse Installation Technician jobs in Louisville, Kentucky:
Business & Residential Installation Technician NEW!
NATIONAL OnDemand in Louisville, KY
Posted 2 days ago on ZipRecruiter
Business & Residential Installation Technician
NATIONAL OnDemand, Inc. in New Albany, IN
Posted 9 days ago on ZipRecruiter
Internet installation technician
Mainstream Fiber Networks, LLC in Corydon, IN
Posted 7 days ago on ZipRecruiter