The HVAC Supervisor performs actions to maintain control of the temperature and humidity in the Tecate facility and shop support systems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
• Studies system blueprints, specifications, and performance data to determine configuration and purpose of system components such as motors, pumps, fans, switches, ducts, or pipes.
• Gives feedback to system users to determine problems and solutions.
• Inspects systems to verify system compliance with plans and specifications and to determine malfunctions in system components.
• Programs and adjusts system according to variations in outside weather conditions.
• Maintains Ventilation and AC systems performance with frequent testing and adjustments.
• Reads and interprets wiring diagrams and schematics.
• Installs, troubleshoots, and repairs electrical power systems and control circuits.
• Responsible for assembling and installing heating systems.
• Responsible for cutting the necessary or required duct holes for the system.
• Installs air ducts, pipes for air and water, blowers, fans, variable frequency drives, heaters, compressors, compressed air dryers, vacuum pumps, oil/water separators and other equipment.
• Installs gas lines.
• Installs insulates in duct work.
• Installs and adjusts timers, thermostats and other controls.
• Services heating and cooling units and other mechanical and electrical equipment.
• Replaces or repairs defective parts.
• Tests for proper operation.
• Supervises department employees. Trains and directs work, appraises performance, and handles and resolves employees issues.
• Language Requirement - Bilingual in English and Spanish.
• Team Oriented - Ability to work well in a team.
• Technical Aptitude - Knowledge of and certification in Refrigeration Transfer and recovery levels I-III.
• Technical Aptitude - Knowledge of general protocol and procedure pertaining to area.
• Technical Aptitude - Skill with use of digital and analog electronic and mechanical measuring devices.
• Technical Aptitude - Skill in proficient electrical and electronic troubleshooting.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: High School Graduate or similar.
Experience: Seven to ten years related experience.
Knowledge of Microsoft Office with the ability to learn new software applications.
Certificates & Licenses
Ventilation and AC Certification.Valid drivers license, passport and Visa.
Ability to climb different height (extension and/or "roof access") ladders up and down. Experienced in working from high reach equipment. Experienced in driving a forklift and ability to learn further training.
The employee is frequently exposed to high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions; risk of electrical shock and vibration. Works in confined spaces. There is frequent exposure to a variety of wood types and their sawdust. There is frequent exposure to finishing products, finish dust and fumes. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and toxic or caustic chemicals. A great majority of equipment that this position is responsible for is located outside. One holding this position is sometimes subjected to very hot or cold or wet conditions while working on this equipment.
About Taylor Guitars:
Established in 1974 by Bob Taylor and Kurt Listug, Taylor Guitars has evolved into one of the worlds leading manufacturers of premium acoustic, acoustic/electric and electric guitars. Renowned for blending an innovative use of modern technology with a master craftsman's attention to detail, Taylor guitars are revered by professional musicians and hobbyists alike, offering players of all skill levels the opportunity to enjoy first-rate craftsmanship and signature Taylor tone. The company is a pioneer in the use of computer technology, lasers and other high-tech tools and machinery, and today, Bob Taylor is widely recognized throughout the musical instrument industry as the visionary acoustic guitar manufacturer. The companys innovations include, but are not limited to, the New Technology® (NT) neck, the first major innovation in the construction of the acoustic guitar in the last 100 years, and the award-winning Expression System® (ES) pickup, a groundbreaking, high-tech approach to amplifying an acoustic guitar.
Currently, Taylor Guitars employs nearly 800 people and produces hundreds of guitars per day in its state-of-the-art factory complexes in both El Cajon, California and Tecate, Mexico. The company maintains an active dealer network with Taylor guitars available in over 800 retail locations in North America and international distribution to 60 countries, including a distribution warehouse and offices in the Netherlands.