Position: Project Engineer
Location: Paola, KS
Classification: Full-Time, Exempt
The Project Engineer position will have mechanical design responsibility on assigned projects. Position will work closely with the Project Manager and will be responsible for the coordination and resolution of project specific technical matters. Performs design calculations for all products in accordance with the appropriate codes and standards.
Main Job Duties / Responsibilities
• Provide technical support for Sales during the inquiry phase.
• Review customer specifications and project documents for incorporation into drawing notes, bill of materials, and purchase specifications.
• Interface with customer to ensure technical requirements are met.
• Develop the Bill of Materials.
• Produce mechanical and structural calculations in accordance with appropriate codes and standards.
• Generate drawings, specifications, and instructions necessary to convey project requirements to others.
• Respond to shop and field questions and/or non-conformances.
• Participate in general process improvements and initiatives.
• Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or a related field is required.
• Three or more years of design engineering experience in a related manufacturing setting is strongly preferred.
• Fabrication, weld shop, or machine shop experience preferred.
• Good mechanical and math aptitude required.
• Exceptional proficiency with computers required.
About Taylor Forge Engineered Systems, Inc.:
Taylor Forge Engineered Systems, Inc. is a leading manufacturer of large steel fabricated products for the energy, chemical, and aerospace industries.
Taylor Forge is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Posted 3 years ago