Position: Manufacturing Services Manager Location: Paola, KS Classification: Full-Time, Exempt
The Manufacturing Services Manager position is responsible for managing and participating in all aspects of the department including: material control, production control, master scheduling, resource and capacity planning, purchasing, and expediting.
Main Job Duties / Responsibilities
- Provide scheduling support for Sales during the inquiry process.
- Develop and maintain master and project schedules in accordance with company goals.
- Develop and maintain product structures in the ERP system through inputting of standard hours and materials, as required.
- Establish, monitor, and modify production priorities in cooperation with Project Management and Production groups.
- Maintain accurate spread of backlog hours to assist in resource and capacity planning.
- Responsible for updating and monitoring the earneding of hours in the ERP system in a timely manner.
- Maintain updated ship dates in the ERP system in support of an accurate dollar forecast.
- Periodially provide a material variance summary for company-wide forecasting.
- In concert with Project Management, review and update the Delivery Performance report.
- Support purchasing during the procurement process.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with key suppliers.
- Coordinate and facilitate various production planning meetings.
- Participate in the review of current processes, procedures, and guidelines for opportunities to improve the safety, quality, and/or cost competitiveness of TFES's products.
- Establish an understanding of the key material control tasks in order to provide support in case of absence.
- Ensure the Manufacturing Services department maintains the expertise and skills necessary to support the goals and objectives of the company. Develop and maintain training programs to ensure all personnel have the necessary skills to perform their duties.
- Communicate clear expectations to the Manufacturing Services personnel and keep them informed of matters pertaining to their job.
- Conduct annual performance reviews and salary adminisitration activities.
- Bachelors degree in Manufacturing Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Business Management, or a related field is required.
- Five (5) or more years of production related experience in a manufacturing setting is required.
- Two (2) or more years of supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
- Strong supervisory and management skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Superior time management skills.
- Excellent judgement and decision-making abilities.
- Ability to work independently with little direct supervision.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office and production control software.
The successful candidate will receive a competitive salary and an attractive benefits package including: 401(k), medical, dental, life insurance, flexible spending account, and tuition reimbursement.
All candidates will be subject to drug & alcohol screening and a background check prior to employment.
About Taylor Forge Engineered Systems, Inc.:
Taylor Forge Engineered Systems, Inc. is a leading manufacturer of large steel fabricated products for the energy, chemical, and aerospace industries.
Taylor Forge is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Posted 3 years ago