Sorry, this job was closed 4 years ago. See all open Project Construction Manager Jobs in Seattle, WA
Construction Project Manager-Seattle (953) #2
Job Title: Project Manager
Reports To: Director of Reconstruction
Location: Seattle, WA
Apply directly at www.TalenTrust.com
Keywords: Construction Superintendent, Construction Project Manager, residential, multi-family construction
Come take your residential construction experience to the next level! BluSky is GROWING!
BluSky is a full service General and Restoration Contractor specializing in the clean up and reconstruction following all types of natural and man-made disasters. BluSky is an award-winning company; recognized on the Denver Business Journal's list of Fastest Growing Private Companies for four years in a row. They have been named on the Inc. 500/5000 list of Fastest Growing Private Companies since 2009 and they have been recognized by Colorado Biz Magazine as one of the Best Companies to Work for in Colorado. Additionally, BluSky has also received recognition with the Centennial Entrepreneur of the Year Award, the South Metro Denver Small Business of the Year Award, and was a finalist in the Ernst and Young Entrepreneur of the Year. BluSky has also been featured in a number of articles in the Denver Business Journal highlighting their services and the innovation of their rapidly growing company.
The Project Manager is responsible for the day to day oversight off all assigned restoration projects including but not limited to vendor selection, materials procurement, scheduling, budgeting, and quality assistance. The Project Managers is also responsible for working closely with occupants and/or property owners throughout the process to ensure the highest level of customer satisfaction.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Field Management
- Follow scope and notify Sales Estimator of discrepancies
- Ensure all work is contracted/subcontracted with the exception of some in-house trades/skilled labor*
- Obtain building permits as required and follow all government guidelines for each permit and project
- Adhere to all OSHA and Environment regulations
- Assist with change order amount when requested
- Manage subcontractors to verify that they are supplying adequate resources to meet contract requirements
- Secure project resources in the most cost effective manner and ensure they are on site at the appropriate time. Manage bid-buy out with trade partners.
- Ensure project work meets the highest standards of workmanship based on industry standards
- Direct supervision of in-house personnel
- Office Management
- Execute proper subcontractor agreements per company guidelines.
- Ensure all subcontractors are working under a subcontract agreement*
- Approve or reject invoices as appropriate, making sure that duplicate or inappropriate billing is not approved with your Project Accountant*
- Develop and update project schedules
- Update and provide schedules to Sales Estimator and General Manager weekly
- Responsible for directing, mentoring and training junior level team members
- Representation on BluSky emergency mitigation on call management rotation
- Profitability Management
- Meet or exceed billing, revenue, and profit margin goals as defined by BluSky
- Secure bids to obtain fair pricing on jobs within two weeks of assignment of the job per Best Practices
- Complete buy out worksheet and update weekly
- Track change orders and all extras on projects via signed change order form and budget updates
- General Responsibilities
- Achieve training goals and minimum attendance guidelines as established by BluSky
- Adheres to all company Best Practices
- Provide the highest level of customer service at all times
- All other duties or projects as assigned
*Heavily weighted role/responsibility
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Engineering or a related field required
- 5+ years residential construction, general contracting and/or restoration experience required
- 3+ years project management experience
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients, internal and external contacts throughout the project management process.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, additional computer hardware and software
- On rare occasions, Project Managers may be required to travel to and work in another area for up to 4 weeks at one time
This position offers a competitive base salary and Profit Sharing Plan known as Ownership Thinking, which is paid every time BluSky earns a Net Income of $250,000. BluSky also offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes; a matching 401(k) plan, health insurance (medical, dental and vision), paid time off, long term disability, vehicle allowance, gas card, expense account, laptop or tablet, smart phone, apparel, continuing education, flexible work schedule, wellness, and recognition plan.
TalenTrust works with rapidly growing, middle market companies who value their people. We are our client’s recruitment partner and identify exceptional talent to accelerate their growth. Unlike traditional staffing models, our recruitment process ensures full integration to capture a client’s culture and employment brand. We provide a personalized and collaborative value proposition to both the candidate and client. Visit us at www.TalenTrust.com.
TalenTrust works with rapidly growing, middle market companies who value their people. We are our client's recruitment partner and identify exceptional talent to accelerate their growth. Unlike traditional staffing models, our recruitment process ensures full integration to capture a client's culture and employment brand. We provide a personalized and collaborative value proposition to both the candidate and client.
TalenTrust and our partners are Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employers and welcome all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or religion or other legally protected status.
Find out more about us by visiting our website www.TalenTrust.com.
Posted 4 years ago
Browse Project Construction Manager jobs in Seattle, Washington:
Construction Project Manager NEW!
Porter Construction Inc. in Seattle, WA
Posted 2 days ago on ZipRecruiter
Construction Project Manager
Teambuilder Partners, LLC in Seattle, WA
Posted 24 days ago on ZipRecruiter
Senior Project Engineer (CONSTRUCTION INDUSTRY ONLY)
LTD Consulting in Seattle, WA
Posted 17 days ago on ZipRecruiter