Job Title: Business Valuation Manager
Reports To: Managing Partner
Location: Seattle, WA
Apply directly at www.TalenTrust.com – click the Opportunities tab, click the Search button
Our client is an International Forensic Accounting Firm with 23 offices across the U.S. and internationally. They provide professional consulting in many industries such as insurance, legal and corporate with independent and objective investigations. Our client combines the skills and experience of its professionals with the financial models, methodologies and technologies that meet or exceed global standards for evidence.
The Business Valuation Manager is an executive employee whose primary duty is the development, coordination and completion of a wide range of business valuation engagements. The Business Valuation Manager is responsible for all aspects of the day-to-day administration and operation of business valuation assignments including but not limited to, working with others in the valuation practice and other offices to assist in originating and developing business valuation and litigation engagements having a valuation component; supervising junior level personnel; establishing policies, procedures and methodologies for accomplishing business valuation duties and responsibilities; managing the distribution and flow of work assignments in coordination with Managers, Directors, and Partners and documenting all aspects of business valuation projects. The Business Valuation Manager also authors complete, technically correct, and grammatically sound valuation reports relying on appropriate business valuation reporting standards.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES
· Independently engages in business development activities promoting the broad range of the firm’s capabilities, as well as specific business valuation capabilities.
· Assist others in the origination of business valuation and litigation engagements.
· Independently develops a network of referral sources including attorneys, CPAs, and wealth managers within the assigned geography as necessary to develop a pipeline of business valuation and litigation assignments to the firm.
· Authors and issues engagement letters/proposals to clients; specifies the terms and conditions associated with these engagements along with input from Partners and the Director of the National Business Valuation practice.
· Coordinates and conducts site visits to gather information about subject businesses as necessary to complete assigned business valuation/litigation engagements.
· Coordinate and conduct economic research and industry research as necessary to complete assigned business valuation/litigation engagements.
· Completes the valuation of assigned engagements using technically correct valuation procedures including asset, income, and market approaches to valuation; understand and correctly apply adjustments to value including various discounts and premiums.
· Produces complete, technically correct, and grammatically sound valuation reports relying on appropriate business valuation reporting standards.
· Manages the business valuation/litigation engagement communicating with other employees, partners, attorneys, and clients as necessary to ensure a high degree of satisfaction with the process and the ultimate deliverable.
· Must have a Bachelor's Degree or equivalent from an accredited college/university in the areas of Accounting or Finance.
· Must be accredited by one or more professional business valuation organizations and possess one or more of the following credentials – ASA, CBA, CFA, CVA/AVA, ABV (CPA depending on valuation credentials)
· Experience in litigation support highly desirable.
· Strong customer service skills.
· Ability to effectively communicate to senior management Best Practices and business cases.
· Experience in working multiple concurrent cases.
· Strong technical and analytical skills.
· Strong knowledge of Excel and other specific programs.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills.
· Strong project management skills.
· Ability to work both independently and as part of a team with professionals at all levels.
· Strong interpersonal skills, including communicating in person, by e-mail and by telephone.
· Ability to work non-standard hours, including occasionally working evenings, weekends and holidays, as necessary to meet the needs of the firm and its clients.
· Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with supervisors, co-workers, subordinates, and outside vendors.
A competitive salary is offered depending on experience. Potential for bonus compensation based on exceptional performance. Excellent benefits including medical, dental, PTO and Paid Holidays; details will be provided to final candidates.