“Taiyo is a stable and secure organization, committed to the long-term health of the organization and employees.”
This is an entry level professional management trainee position. Upon completion of 1-2 year apprenticeship, this position will be elevated to facility/operations manager. Primary functions during training: shadow incumbent staff managers to learn and understand the operations and personnel of the Operations Department. This position will train and learn, develop, implement, and coordinate strategies related directly to the manufacture of Taiyo products. Additionally, this position will be learning all about the Facility, Environment, and Health and Safety functions. Eventually, this position will be responsible for the security and maintenance of the facility, warehouse and administration facility.
Specific areas of Management responsibility include:
Raw Material Procurement and Inventory Management
Manufacturing Process Development
Price negotiation with vendors
Production and Laboratory Equipment Selection
Raw Material and Vendor selection
Material Transportation Regulations and Compliance
1. Analyzes, evaluates and presents information concerning production capabilities and the design and development of new products for consideration by other members of the management team.
2. Comply with company’s Quality Management System.
3. Prepares fiscal budget for the department.
4. Reviews technical problems and procedures of departments and recommends solutions to problems or changes in procedures.
5. Reviews technical publications, articles, and abstracts to stay abreast of technical developments in industry.
6. Writes necessary monthly, 6-month and year-end reports of the Department's performance.
7. Serve as Company Safety Manager, responsible for conducting all safety training and preparing workers’ compensation claims and OSHA reports.
8. Oversee, maintain and understand facility and production support equipment such as HVAC, Chiller, and Boiler. Conduct repairs and/or coordinate repairs and installations of facility and production support equipment.
9. Researches and keeps current on OSHA, DOT, local and State government regulations pertaining to this facility and to the products we make.
10. Responsible for facility security, alarm system and emergency response.
11. Primary contact for environmental and OSHA inspectors as required.
12. Manage company’s Environmental Management System
1.Other duties as assigned from time to time.
1. 4-year college degree in Industrial Engineering, or other similar Science discipline combined with work experience in ink or coatings manufacturing.
2. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
3. Ability to respond to inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
4. Ability to develop and implement goals, objectives and strategies.
5. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
6. Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems.
7. Knowledge of governmental safety, environmental, transportation regulations/laws.
1. Bi-lingual (Japanese/English)
2. Toyota Production System (TPS)
1. Occasional weekend or overtime work
1.Moderate noise level.
About Taiyo America, Inc.:
TAIYO AMERICA, INC. is a manufacturing subsidiary of Taiyo Holdings Co., Ltd. which will celebrate its 66th anniversary in September 2019.
We are the worldwide solder mask market leader. Since 1990, Taiyo has been exceeding the industry's needs for solder mask and specialty inks. Taiyo's products have a reputation worldwide for proven performance, outstanding quality and extensive end-user acceptance.
Taiyo America provides a quality work life balance. We are located minutes from world famous Lake Tahoe, the "Littlest Biggest City"-Reno, historic Virginia City and the majestic Sierra Nevada mountain range. Our small community provides world class hiking, biking, skiing, snowboarding, golf, fishing and outdoor recreation opportunities. Be world class and join a world class organization in Carson City, NV. This is a great place to live! https://youtu.be/mEBs48ZGCqE