Your feedback helps keep ZipRecruiter safe.
Learn more about how to recognize common online scams
“Awesome High Tech Environment and Room for Advancement”
Experienced Network Engineer
Are you tech savvy, people savvy and purpose-driven? Apply today to be a part of a growing and expanding team of superior IT professionals. T. Daniels Consulting, is an IT industry leader and Microsoft Silver Partner, specializing in servicing small to medium sized businesses (10-300 users) in Mid-Michigan for over 25 years. We are currently seeking an Experienced Network Engineer to join our team.
Ideal candidates will have the following IT experience:
• BS Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or closely related plus Microsoft MCP and related certifications. Minimum of 3 years network-related on-site project mgt. experience and help desk.
• Knowledge of multiple IT environments to include server and cloud-based platforms with detailed knowledge of Windows Server Platforms, Active Directory, Exchange, Windows OS, Office 365. Azure is a plus.
• Ability to troubleshoot and resolve technical problems for users remotely and onsite, working with customers who have limited technical expertise.
• Ability to provide clear and detailed instructions and documentation for customers and co-workers.
• Knowledge and experience in network configuration and network security. Including configuration and management of network switches, WiFi, firewall, VPN, DNS, and routers.
• Experience in the setup and management of Virtual and Cloud based environments. This includes Hyper-V, and Azure.
• Must be able to independently coordinate and manage customer projects. This includes migration of legacy systems and configuration of new systems in both physical and virtual environments.
• Provide knowledge and support to other less experienced staff including; excellent documentation and communication skills.
• Experience with email setup and migration utilizing multiple solutions such as MS Exchange and MS Office 365.
• Experience identifying cyber-security related issues such as system hacks, computer viruses and worms, and spyware.
• Experience working for a 3rd party Managed Service Provider (MSP) is a plus working with Small Businesses from 10 to 300 user.
• Professional Skill Requirements:
• Highly motivated individual with a desire to contribute to the success and direction of rapidly growing team.
• Possess strong customer service skills with the ability to effectively communicate with individuals that have varying technical knowledge.
• Ability to work independently and be a team player.
• Maintain strong attention to detail in high-pressure situations.
• Excellent documentation skills.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Function as a subject matter expert in all required technical areas.
VMWare, WatchGuard System Administrator, A+, Network +, Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP), Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer for Windows (MCSE) or equivalent. Office 365, Azure
We offer a results-based compensation plan, competitive health benefits including; a liberal vacation policy, medical insurance and health club reimbursement. Only those candidates with a proven, verifiable track record will be considered.
If you have what it takes to fill this role, please submit a resume and cover letter detailing your previous work history and accomplishments, along with a summary explaining why you think you would make an excellent candidate for this position.
Our company is an IT service firm (MSSP) Managed Security Service Provider that specializes with small and medium organizations by delivering the highest level of professional computer IT services.We've been working with SMB's for over two decades and have a long list of highly satisfied business clients. Our success comes from hiring the best talent in our business. All of our engineers are Microsoft Certified and we are the only IT service company in the region with the designation of MICROSOFT SILVER SMALL and MIDMARKET CLOUD SOLUTIONS and SILVER CLOUD SOLUTIONS. We are in the top 5% of all Microsoft Partners worldwide. We are also a member of the elite Microsoft SMB CLOUD CHAMPIONS CLUB.