Position Summary Description:
Reviews, analyzes, and modifies programs including mapping, testing and debugging to support an organization's EDI application.
Consults with end users to identify current operating procedures, outline required changes and carry out tasks to implement changes.
Will be expected to write documentation to describe program development, logic, coding and corrections.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Participates as needed in the development and implementation of new maps for a new/existing Trading Partner(s) based on approved design.
- Write new programs or make modifications to existing scripts/maps based on the new requirements from Business/Customer. Fix Business Process flows to accommodate the new requirements.
- TESTING: Creates test plans, test files, and scripts for unit testing through integration testing. Work with users to validate system testing and conformity with functional requirements.
- IMPLEMENTATION: Follow appropriate change management and implementation procedures. Ensure that appropriate technical and functional documentation is prepared. Coordinate the implementation process.
- SUPPORT: Provide technical troubleshooting and coordinates support with trading partner. Provide support to new applications during and after implementation. On-call production support will be required.
- 5+ yrs. experience in EDI with Sterling Commerce’s Gentran products.
- 4+ yrs. Hands-on experience with AI mapper.
- 3+ yrs. experience in GIS 4.X or higher on Linux/UNIX OS.
- Experience in Mapping with EDIFACT, X12, Delimited and positional files is a must.
- 3+ yrs. experience with BPML.
- Ability to build new Business Process using GPM (Graphical Process Modeler) and/ or XML.
- Has experience with AS2 communication protocol.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Experience with UNIX/LINUX basic commands.
- Has some prior experience with e-commerce Gateway and Oracle flat files.
- Experience in upgrading to SI (Sterling Integrator) is a plus.
- Experience in Retail, manufacturing, logistics and Warehouse a plus.
- Scripting knowledge on UNIX/LINUX is a plus.
- Excellent open and proactive written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work in team-oriented environment.
- Ability to work in matrix managed environment
- Strong customer service orientation.
Knowledge of business process development and improvement.
B.S. or B.A required, preferred in Computer Science or related field
About Systematics Agency:
SYSTEMATICS AGENCY is Los Angeles' oldest and most trusted I.T. recruiting firm, having successfully filled permanent and contract assignments with several thousand California, Nevada and Arizona firms since its inception in 1964.
FEES ASSUMED BY CLIENT FIRMS
Los Angeles, California 90049
Posted 4 years ago