is currently accepting resumes for a Senior Java Developer position located in Pittsburgh, PA. Please see below for additional details...Location:
Pittsburgh, PAJob Title
: Senior Java Developer – WebJob Status:
Direct-Hire or Contract to HireJob Summary:
Conducts system analysis and development to keep systems current with changing technologies. Analyzes, designs, coordinates and leads the development of software systems to form a basis for the solution of information processing problems. Analyzes system specifications and translates system requirements to task specifications for lower level staff.Job Responsibilities:
- Designs and develops programming systems making specific determinations about system performance.
- Responds promptly and professionally to bug reports.
- Reviews and repairs legacy code.
- Analyzes current programs including performance, diagnosis and troubleshooting of problem programs, and designing solutions to problematic programming. Develops new programs and proofs the program to develop needed changes to assure production of a quality product.
- Develops new programs, analyzing current programs and processes, and making recommendations that yield a more cost effective product.
- Participates in development of long range planning for new projects and facilities.
- Writes, edits, and debugs new computer programs for assigned projects, including necessary records and desired output.
- Tests new programs to ensure that logic and syntax are correct, and that program results are accurate; assists lower-level programmers with programming assignments.
- Provides feedback to analysis/training staff about performance considerations / usability issues concerning software specifications and implementation.
- Provides assistance to testers and support personnel as needed to determine system problems.
- Documents code consistently throughout the development process by listing a description of the program, special instructions, and any changes made in database tables on procedural, modular and database level.
- Searches, summarizes and keeps the team abreast of strategic information from all sources.
- Writes proposals or papers.
- Makes presentations to client audiences or professional peers.
- Communicates with engineers and manufacturer's technical support staff regarding programming needs and performance.
- Researches and recommends software tools to management.
- Provides recommendations to management concerning issues of programmer productivity and software development management.
- 5+ years of experience in software development.
- Focus on leadership and driving successful product development.
Qualified candidates should submit a resumes today.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems or equivalent experience.