Life, 401K, Vision, Dental, Medical
Why Work Here?
“Amazing company culture with incredible growth potential!”
Job purpose: To accurately evaluate and underwrite jumbo mortgage loan files submitted by retail production channels, in accordance with company policy and investor guidelines.
Duties and responsibilities
- Primarily underwrite Jumbo loans in addition to Conventional and FHA loans.
- Perform underwriting tasks to ensure compliance with Company, secondary market investor, and government agency standards.
- Approve or deny loans based on compliance with underwriting standards and risk management factors.
- Ensure all tax, title, insurance and closing documentation is accurate and complete.
- Review and evaluate loan documents to ensure accuracy, completeness and compliance with Company standards, federal and agency standards, and guidelines, as well as any applicable state-specific and or local regulations, ordinances, etc.
- Analyze complicated personal and business tax returns, loan-to-value ratio, debt-to-income ratio, credit report, application, income and assets, source(s) of down payment funds and examine supporting documentation to identify potential fraud or misrepresentation.
- Review appraisal to ensure that loan meets secondary market, investor and company standards.
- Communicate requests and status to loan processors and loan officers in order to obtain information to finalize incomplete loan packages.
- Determine and request additional documentation to support value and decisions as needed.
- Provides options with in guidelines and makes recommendations if borrowers may qualify for suitable programs.
- Stay current with regulations and industry that affect compliance and decision-making.
- Evaluate overall loan against approval requirements; ensure file is complete and contains all required supporting documentation.
- Ensure credit quality and salability while production and turn time standards are achieved[NM6]
- Ensure system input is accurate and that company systems match Automated Underwriting System.
- Total recent work experience that includes four or more years as an Underwriter for Jumbo product.
- Extensive experienced with Jumbo loan amounts and underwriting self-employed borrowers for those that have several corporations and partnerships.
- Expert level understanding of tax returns, including corporate and partnership returns.
- Must have current certifications for any assigned region that requires a state-specific license to underwrite loans.
- Expert level knowledge of overall mortgage lending processes, including underwriting, funding and loan processing.
- Expert level knowledge of valid documentation related to the processing consumer mortgage applications (e.g., tax returns, financial statements and records, verification of income and deposits, etc.).
- Expert level knowledge of underwriting requirements.
- Sound judgment, ability to think critically, including the ability to evaluate facts and data to draw conclusions, determine the downstream impact of decisions and associated risks.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks in a deadline-driven environment; strong sense of urgency and responsiveness.
- General knowledge of federal, state, and regulatory requirements/guidelines related to consumer mortgage lending and internal processes and controls.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong detail orientation and highly organized.
- Strong customer service skills
- Prior experience using internal data entry systems, Microsoft Word, Excel and PDF/Document Retention programs
- Must be able to provide names of current Jumbo Investors you are working with and your current lending authority.
- High school diploma or equivalent required; college courses/technical training related to Business, Finance/Accounting, Legal, or related field is preferred.
About Synergy One Lending:
Synergy One Lending offers a world class team that has set out to change the mortgage banking world to a positive experience for employees and our partners alike, and stands as one of the nation's most innovative mortgage banking firms. Our dynamic team encompasses true professionals seeking to be the number one brand when it comes to providing real estate financing options in Non-QM/Expanded Credit Mortgages. Synergy One boasts hiring the best talent; We only hire candidates who embody our Core Values of Integrity, Loyalty, Diligence, Compassion and we equip them with the best products and systems to execute at the highest level.
3131 Camino Del Rio, N Ste 190 San Diego, CA 92108
1 month ago