401K, Medical, Vision, Life, Dental
SWACO is currently seeking candidates for the Programs Administrator position. The candidate chosen for this position is responsible for SWACO programs and initiatives that reduce waste and increase material diversion within the District. Functions may include project management, oversight of assigned program budgets, technical assistance, data collection, program evaluation and reporting, promotion of programs, and facilitating collaborative processes with program partners to ensure effective implementation of assigned activities. The Programs Administrator works directly with the Programs Manager to develop and implement assigned activities. The Programs Administrator also serves as a resource to department staff and participates collaboratively in team activities.
The focus of the Programs Administrator includes, but is not limited to, assisting Central Ohio businesses, industries, public facilities, multi-family housing, and institutions to establish and/or expand waste reduction, reuse, recycling and composting programs. Some of the duties are:
- Develop timelines and benchmarks with goals, objectives, and tasks for completing projects and programs; identify resources, organizations, and personnel required for implementation.
- Create an annual and quarterly work plan; ensure programs are executed on time.
- Monitor and report challenges and issues with program implementation.
- Perform research on topics related to programs; identify and communicate local and national trends and opportunities for enhancing programs.
Oversight of Assigned Program Budgets
- Assist in developing budgets for projects and annual cycles related to assigned programs; research and review previous budgets and associated costs.
- Manage assigned program and project budgets; track spending and appropriate allocations; review monthly profit and loss statements.
- Conduct procurement procedures related to programmatic needs (e.g., Request for Proposal, Request for Qualification).
- Conduct waste assessments and cost-benefit analyses for target audiences to analyze the feasibility and benefits of implementing various waste reduction, reuse, recycling and composting programs.
- Conduct instructional trainings and workshops on best practices for reducing waste.
- Connect target audiences to local, regional and national resources that assist with reducing waste, such as certification programs.
- Assist in the development and piloting of new programs and incentives to improve diversion efforts for the business sector.
Data Collection, Evaluation, and Reporting
- Review and develop data collection methods for assigned programs. Ensure programs have an adequate data collection component to measure the impacts of the program.
- Evaluate the goals and objectives of assigned programs on an annual basis. Assess the program need within the District and how the program aligns with other organizational and department strategies.
- Generate reports on the status and outcomes of programs and projects as needed.
- Compile information for the Annual Data Report to the Ohio Environmental Protection Agency.
Promotion of Programs
- Develop and update educational and informational materials related to assigned targeted audiences: program descriptions, summaries, fact sheets, and related website information.
- Host educational and informational meetings and events for programs as needed; perform program presentations as needed.
- Promote and provide outreach to program target audiences to convey available services and assistance being offered.
- Respond to inquiries related to assigned programs; assist program users with delivery and implementation; troubleshoot problems and issues.
- Assist with coordinating and managing SWACO’s educational booth at target audience events.
- Coordinate and communicate with various agencies, businesses, and organizations associated with the programs to ensure effective implementation.
- Document, record, and report meeting outcomes.
- Manage partner assignments related to programs. Provide timely and concise follow-up information.
SWACO programs help to create strong and resilient communities by making neighborhoods safer, more sustainable places to live, work and raise a family. We create jobs, spur innovation and help businesses and residents save money. We provide sustainability and environmentally-centered education to children. We protect the land, water and air we breathe by responsibly planning for and delivering critical waste disposal services. Above all, we promote recycling, composting and other waste diversion and reduction efforts.