Our client is looking for a solid Sous Chef, ready to be groomed to the next level. S/he joins a team that helps a busy late breakfast / lunch / early dinner cafe deliver delicious dining choices in a friendly, quick, and inspired manner. Attention to every detail is a must. The parent company is based in the Pacific NW, with numerous locations around the country. They have an outstanding reputation for their commitment to quality and service. The guests are informed, fashionable and have these same high standards.
The kitchen is based on scratch cooking, and using great ingredients. The work is steady, with several very high volume weeks per year, and an annual $1.5M in sales. This is a yes environment - they make it work. The successful candidate is ready to take the next career step, head up a kitchen team and be in charge of:
- skillful execution of menu items,
- ordering, preparing, storing and utilizing great products,
- staff scheduling,
- developing and communicating plans that allow the whole team to succeed,
- creating enticing and regionally influenced menu specials,
- maintaining a professional, creative, fun and safe work environment,
- developing, overseeing, coaching and retaining a great line-up of cooks,
- meeting a responsible food budget that delivers on quality, while honoring the bottom line, and
- adhering to local Health Department’s regulations.
The position requires someone with time-management, communication and planning skills. Support also exists to continue to develop your own leadership style and strengthen your culinary skills. Attention to detail and a genuine team spirit will go a long way to success in the cafe, and with the surrounding retail and business community. A special perk of this position is that you can balance balance home and work life.
Must be effective communicating by phone, email and in person.
- Minimum 2yrs management experience.
- Culinary training.
- A passion for quality and respect for the customer.
- Experience using POS systems.
- Must be able to comfortably be on feet majority of the day and lift 40 pounds.
- Computer proficient, able to use MS Word and Excel.
- All local food handler permits must be current.
- Lives in Sacramento area.
- Excellent references.
Resume and cover letter required for application.
- Current Serv-Safe Certification.
- Fine dining, catering, hotel experience.