Our client seeks a career Chef to lead the kitchen of a busy everyday lunch / early dinner cafe that generates $1.5M in annual sales by delivering delicious dining choices in a friendly, quick, and inspired manner. Attention to every detail is a must. Based in the Pacific NW, the company has numerous locations around the country, and an outstanding reputation for its commitment to quality. The guests are fashionable, business-savvy, have the same high standards and include all ages.
The kitchen is based on scratch cooking, and using great ingredients. The work is steady, with several very high volume weeks per year. Special perk of this position is the ability to have both a rewarding professional and personal life, with a schedule that gets you most evenings at home.
While on the job, this is a yes environment - they make it work. The successful candidate is ready to lead and develop a strong kitchen crew to work as a team with the FOH and succeed for their guests. S/he is in charge of:
- ensuring the skillful execution of all menu items - made-to-order and prepared grab-n-go items,
- ordering, preparing, storing and utilizing great products,
- developing, overseeing, coaching and retaining a great line-up of cooks,
- an informed environment, that promotes individual and team success and growth,
- creating enticing and regionally influenced menu specials,
- maintaining a professional, creative, fun and safe work environment,
- a great customer service reputation - internal and external,
- meeting a responsible food & labor budget that delivers on quality, while honoring the bottom line, and
- adhering to local Health Department’s regulations and excellent performance on inspections.
The position requires someone with time-management, communication, planning and delegation skills. A great medium-volume setting for a person with proven culinary abilities, who wants to grow long-term with a great company. Attention to detail and a genuine team spirit will go a long way to success in the cafe, and with the surrounding retail and corporate community. Located south of Portland, in Tigard, OR.
Must be effective communicating by phone, email and in person.
- Must be willing to relocate with company.
- Minimum 3yrs management experience.
- Culinary training.
- A passion for quality and respect for the customer.
- Experience using POS systems.
- Must be able to comfortably be on feet majority of the day and lift 40 pounds.
- Computer proficient, able to use MS Word and Excel.
- All local food handler permits must be current.
- Lives in Portland area.
- Excellent references.
Resume and cover letter required for application.
- Current Serv-Safe Certification.
- Experience cooking international cuisines.
- Fine dining, catering, hotel experience.
- A deep respect for food and how it's produced.
BE ADVISED - Applications sent directly to Craig's List will not be considered
. You MUST send your application materials by using the specific "Apply Now" button that links
you to our internal database.