Are you an experienced, food-savvy General Manager of campus dining? Our client needs a top notch professional to lead an $8M student cafe on a premiere university campus in North Carolina.
Steeped in history, the campus culture is to raise the bar, strive for more, push the envelope of knowledge and research, at both the undergraduate and graduate levels. They are values-driven, and one of those values is the BEST dining choices - fresh, healthy, local, nutritious. The GM leads a talented management team to deliver delicious dining options, outstanding customer service and a genuine partnership with the university community.
It's a busy environment and needs an on-the-go, energetic manager who likes to move. The location provides 7-day a week service, all meals of the day. The job requires a skill set and attitude that can lead a team to deliver the highest quality dining options, customer service and partnership with the university.
The right candidate enjoys developing and maintaining positive relationships - with staff, vendors, clients and the campus community. Polished communication and varied styles of delivery are essential. The content varies from employee schedules, to effective menu descriptions to quarterly financial reports. To succeed in this position, s/he brings:
- experience managing busy, high volume food & beverage settings,
- the palate and ability to cultivate culinary excellence,
- consistent, reliable and proven approaches to HR,
- strong financial track record in budget development and management,
- a commitment to farm-to-fork dining,
- a focus on customer service, and
- solid operational instincts and implementation processes.
These skills support a solid team that operates a campus food location at an exceptional level. The company prioritizes safety in the work environment and sustainability in their food purchasing, preparation and disposal. Known for the highest quality flavors and service, they focus on local and responsible sourcing whenever possible.
Minimum Requirements :
- College degree in business, restaurant management or equal experience in higher education residential dining programs
- Minimum of 5 years of management experience
- Fluent with Microsoft Office programs
- Experience with POS systems
- Proven ability to develop strong relationships and collaborate, partner and act as a valued team member, both with internal and external stakeholders
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Current with all State required food safety certifications/permits
- Excellent references
- Overseeing, coaching, developing and retaining a stellar food service team
- Willing to relocate to another location in the SE, and
- Adhering to local Health Department’s regulations and the client’s standards and expectations.
The position demands professionalism, strong time-management, budget experience, communication and planning skills, leadership and a genuine spirit of cooperation. The right person also possesses sharp problem-solving skills, an even-keeled demeanor, is detail-oriented and takes real pleasure in planning and sharing fantastic food.
Our client company is growing rapidly. This is an amazing opportunity to join the team, get trained and be ready to lead a location of your own when the time comes. Must be willing to relocate within several Southeast states.
- Serv-Safe Certification current.
- Applicants currently living in NC.
- Experience with meal plans.
- Culinary training.
- Experience in sustainable practices and sourcing local/organic products.
- Proficiency in Spanish helpful.
- Experience managing a unionized staff.
This is a full-time, salaried position. Only motivated, organized and roll-up-your-sleeves professionals should apply. To be considered, you must by submitting BOTH a cover letter and your resume.