High tech, high energy, highly regarded company provides on-site dining, snacks and catering options for their employees. They care about the quality and fresh ideas on their menus as much as in their own work. It matters how the food is produced, prepared and most definitely how it tastes. Our client seeks a General Manager to oversee all aspects of a successful cafe and catering operation at this reputable corporate campus with values that extend beyond their own business.
The successful applicant possesses a contemporary, young-minded and motivated style. Reliable, results-driven and knows that a top notch corporate dining venue demands attention to detail. The details that showcase delicious dining choices and dynamite customer service, and the details required to deliver it in a fiscally responsible manner. A person who also has an eye for style, a culinary palate and an easy way with people.
Our client rewards strong contributors. To be considered, you must bring:
- a history of managing great retail locations, with a solid volume restaurant background,
- a roll-up-your-sleeves energetic, fun approach,
- the ability to budget effectively, and then monitor and respond to the finances,
- a commitment to beautiful presentation,
- the savvy to relate to diverse populations with a respectful approach,
- the desire to cultivate and maintain a strong team,
- consistent and current knowledge of local and sustainable foods, and a commitment to sharing it with staff and customers,
- strong communication skills - in person, email, phone, concise and informative reports, charts and examples,
- the flexibility required to respond to the needs of the moment, and
- the focus to simultaneously make progress on larger goals.
This person truly enjoys the business of food and beverage, and appreciates the chance the corporate setting offers to really get to know your customers and seek their input. It's a great job for a multi-faceted professional - creative, analytical, in tune with people and practically-minded.
Minimum requirements for the position:
- College degree in business or experience and references that speak to a proven skill set
- 5 years management experience
- Experience in hospitality
- Fluent with Microsoft Office programs
- Experience with POS systems
- Proven ability to develop strong relationships and collaborate, partner and act as a valued team member, both with internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Current with all State required food safety certifications/permits
- Excellent references
Serv-Safe certification & culinary knowledge preferred.
This is a full-time, salaried position. To be considered, applicants must include both a cover letter and resume. Make certain to submit information to the link imbedded at the top or bottom of this posting.