Summary A PHP developer at this level should have experience creating and maintaining public-facing web applications. They should be able to take guidance from their manager and will thrive in a team environment. They will design, develop, maintain and optimize secure and scalable multi-tier web applications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
The primary job responsibility for the PHP Developer position is to provide
PHP programming and functionality for a wide variety of consumer-related websites, intranets, extranets, and web-based applications. Developers are challenged on a daily basis to solve problems in new and creative ways.
Developers will be expected to:
- Create and maintain a PHP web application framework based on the Symfony 2 Framework.
- Write reusable, understandable code using proven OOP/OOD principals.
- Debug and diagnose issues in an efficient manner.
- Interact and integrate with MongoDB for data storage and retrieval.
- Interact and integrate with MySQL Databases for data storage and retrieval.
- Utilize Mercurial for source code management.
- Support other IT departments interacting with our software and framework.
- Create and maintain automated unit tests for functionality they create.
- Participate in the release/deployment process.
- Effectively communicate concepts and ideas verbally and through documentation to the rest of the development team.
- Integrate with third party services via various protocols (SOAP) and methodologies (REST).
- Understand and work in an agile development process.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Education and/or Experience
Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or two to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
PHP PHP PHP , OOP OOP