Sorry, this job was closed 4 years ago. See all open Business Development Officer Jobs in Omaha, NE
SBA Business Development Officer II
Direct Hire to Full Time Position
Work Location – Omaha, NE
Generates SBA loans, deposits and fee income for the Regional Banking Group. Works in partnership with Branch Managers and Branch sales staff to develop new SBA business relationships. Responsible for originating and funding SBA loans in designated area. Annual production objectives are generally around $10 million.
1. Generates new business through prospecting, outside calling, networking and referrals. Makes a substantial number of outside, in-person calls on prospects and clients requiring extensive automobile travel.
2. By year-end, achieves 100% of established annual production objective (APO) that will be determined at or near the beginning of every year. Achieves at least 20% of the established APO in the first calendar quarter; 25% in the second and third calendar quarters; and 30% in the fourth calendar quarter. The quarterly objectives are based on management's determination of the funding seasonally within the SBA industry.
3. Develops and implements marketing activities within the budgetary constraints established by supervisor. Also works with the Regional Manager and/or Branch Manager to develop and implement marketing plans. Marketing area is designated by the National Sales Manager. Marketing activities outside designated area will require supervisory approval.
4. Works to foster new and expand existing customer relationships through cross-selling products and services.
5. Develops and maintains a referral source database for both local and the bank overall SBA marketing purposes.
6. Maintains and applies a thorough understanding of the bank's credit policy, SBA eligibility and all necessary business practices to ensure the submission of accurate and complete loan application packages.
7. Actively participates in local SBA district functions with assigned marketing area.
8. Provides management with input regarding current policies and practices.
9. Assists the bank in the promotion of all product lines offered in assigned market.
10. Generates loans that maintain an acceptable level of performance. Assists special assets and credit services in any requested servicing action within assigned marketing area.
11. Performs other duties as assigned.
Education or Equivalent Experience
- Bachelor's degree or minimum of 2 years related experience
- Three to five years of calling experience with the financial services industry
Field of Experience
- Thorough knowledge of SBA lending rules, regulations and practices.
- Verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Knowledge of Word and Excel
Our Bank is an institution whose history spans over 130 years, and whose geographical reach extends over 19 states, as well as over 84 countries. We
focus on relationships, exceptional customer service and being a good corporate neighbor. We are one of the leading regional financial services companies in the nation. Our team members are dedicated to being our customers' trusted financial partners - whether they're opening a first account, purchasing a home, running a small business, or leading a large corporation.
When you join our Bank, you will be a part of an organization that has learned how to grow and adapt in an ever-changing environment. And most of all, you will become part of a company that recognizes that our success is rooted in our relationship banking model and in the satisfaction of our customers.
About Summit Pro Source:
We are a search firm located in the KC Metro. We support many firms in filling high-profile, professional positions. We are Certified Staffing Professionals and members of the American Staffing Association.
Please apply to learn more about our client.
Posted date: 4 years ago
Browse Business Development Officer jobs in Omaha, Nebraska: