Business Banking Relationship Manager III
Responsible for the sourcing, securing, developing, and retaining profitable business banking relationships within the assigned region. Primary focus is on finding new business opportunities to sell the Bank's products and services and retaining and expanding existing relationships. Responsible for contributing to the assigned Region's credit portfolio quality and processing of requests for credit extension, ensuring credit facilities are properly structured, priced and documented. Maintains and grows current relationships by presenting new lending opportunities and cross selling business and personal banking products to existing clients. Takes primary responsibility as the assigned officer for a portfolio of the most complex business banking or community market commercial relationships. May act in a lead capacity over Associate Relationship Managers and Relationship Managers providing guidance and supporting work flow. This position is the most experienced level of Relationship Manager job family and is typically responsible for the largest and most complex business banking and community market commercial relationships as applicable to the line of business.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Serves as primary contact with assigned prospective and current customers for all of the financial, banking, and investment counseling needs. Primary focus is on finding new business opportunities to sell the Bank's products and services. Conducts interviews with applicants to thoroughly understand current and prospective customer's needs and their financial situation to market and sell additional Bank products and services. Visits applicants at their place of business to verify and better assess their current situation and future needs.
2. Identifies business needs and corresponding sales opportunities bank-wide and actively promotes ways to increase customer reliance on bank products and services, capitalizing on the unique and comprehensive capabilities of the bank. This would include Deposit Products, Cash Management, Trade Services, Capital Markets products, loan products and personal banking products and services.
3. Obtains financial statements, tax returns, and other credit information and maintains individual credit files for all existing customers. Conducts analysis of pertinent credit information and/or credit checks.
4. Works closely with central underwriting teams for new credit requests and renewals ensuring that all relevant financial and non-financial information is available to the underwriter.
5. Generally underwrites new relationship credit requests for approval.
6. Manages existing portfolio and stays informed on their condition is aware of developing trends in the market which may impact credit quality. Works closely with centralized underwriting and portfolio management teams to ensure responsiveness to portfolio management needs and timeliness of reporting responses.
Required Education or Equivalent Experience
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or Finance required
- Master's/Advanced Degree in Business or Finance preferred
- Eight or more years of directly related experience
- Some supervisory/managerial experience helpful
Administrative/Technical Skills/ Other Information
- Solid understanding of underwriting and analysis for small and mid-size companies of all complexities.
- High degree of comfort and familiarity with use and application of commercial lending principles
- Active understanding and ongoing use of Touchpoint, electronic underwriting systems and other enterprise level systems.
Information about our client:
With more than 700 banking locations across 19 states and a team of more than 10,000 employees, Our client serves the banking needs of all major market segments - consumer, small, middle market, and large commercial enterprises, and government entities.
About Summit Pro Source:
We are a search firm located in the KC Metro. We support many firms in filling high-profile, professional positions. We are Certified Staffing Professionals and members of the American Staffing Association.
Please apply to learn more about our client.
Posted 4 years ago